UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Tab Control Color    

campbjr
post Jul 27 2004, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Can anyone tell me how to change the color of the tabs (and the little strip beside them) on a tabs control? I've attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about. So far I've been able to change everything about the appearance BUT that!!
Go to the top of the page

+
Philem
post Jul 27 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess Addict

Hullo. Near as I can remember, that's a function of the system default colour scheme, and there is no way to control those colours specifically for Access tabs.
oping somebody proves me wrong!
P

+
campbjr
post Jul 27 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Yea...I've about come to that same conclusion myself. I'll bet there's a tab type control somewhere that'll do it though. Can anyone recommend a third party control?

+
Dom DXecutioner
post Jul 27 2004, 02:02 PM
Post #4

UtterAccess Ruler

here's a link for what you need ... lebans colored tabs

+
khaos
post Jul 27 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Retired Moderator

Look here also
Create tabs with any color you want
HTH
Ken

+
campbjr
post Jul 27 2004, 02:08 PM
Post #6

Sweet!! Thanks!

+
khaos
post Jul 27 2004, 02:10 PM
Post #7

Retired Moderator

You're welcome, glad to help.

+
JaredJRitchey
post Aug 4 2004, 09:22 PM
Post #8

UtterAccess Addict

Some of the tab color solutions you will find in the forum are really pseudo tab controls and can be buggy when you compile an application for other computers. My experience has been ugly to say the least. I hope someone proves me wrong.
You might consider some of the ActiveX plugins and addons that you can get from third party vendors. Some work with Access and there are tab controls that have more features than the ones provided with access.
Here are some links:
HTH
JJR

+
NoahP
post Aug 4 2004, 10:29 PM
Post #9

Retired Moderator

IMO, ActiveX controls can be far worse than 'pseudo' tab controls. If the 'tab control' is built to where it will work correctly, I've had no problems. ActiveX on the other hand can be a real pain on differing machines, if the machine doesn't have the necessary components installed. I tend to stay completely away from non Access driven controls just because of problems on differing machines when a db is implemented/deployed. While the customer could install the needed components, it's usually a very, very messy affair when you try to get them to do so, especially if your only contact with them is via internet. Just a differing opinion and why I believe this.
Just curious, what problems have you had with colored tab controls as described earlier in the thread?
Noah

+
JaredJRitchey
post Aug 5 2004, 09:22 AM
Post #10

UtterAccess Addict

NoahP;
You're correct in that issue with ActiveX controls and I should have mentioned that a compiled project with installer is my SDP (Standard Development Proceedure). ActiveX controls are a real dog sometimes but in a quick defense of them I would have to say that they really do add the kinds of UI functionality that Microsoft should have put in or made available years ago. To date, with the exception of times where they were not installed in the end user system, I havn't had a problem with them.
The problems I have had with colored tab controls really involve the alignment of fields and boxes and other controls accross various OS platforms (one in particular). Case in point was a Pseudo Tab control I got from a link on the Candace Tripp website. It worked on every OS I tested, until I compiled the app to an MDE and then in Windows 98 (no others,,,,very strange) MANY of my controls would not align correctly and when clicking for instance each TAB in succession there would be a momentary flicker and blending of each "layer" for lack of a better term or blending of each "tab page", where All the controls from each of the three tab would be visible for an instance. Now this problem could be just on my system and I should have posted it to UA for others to test but I was in my learning stage of trying to build and break my applications.
I hope to be proven wrong in this and I think I'll start a thread involving any issues with Tab Controls.
To you "campbjr"
I'm a real fan of the Access tab control and the Pseudo tab conrols so I didn't want to direct you away from their use. It was ONLY my two cents.
Hope this answers your question
JJR

+
GeorgSt
post Jun 21 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #11

1. Colour the Detail section of the form to your desire.
2. Change the Back Style of the Tab Control to Transparent
3. In Tools\Options\Forms/Reports dialog uncheck "Use Windows Themed Controls on Forms"

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 10:53 PM