(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Business Contact Manager - Limit Shared Correspondence, Office 2010    

Squire4Hire
post Oct 28 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Guru

I'm beginning to question how many people actually use BCM - it seems impossible to find some answers on the web.
If anyone in here is a BCM user/administrator, I'd love to open a discussion regarding its management.

Does anyone know how, if at all possible, to limit the amount of shared correspondence between contacts and users of a shared BCM database?
I find it a little unnerving that once a contact is linked in the contact management to an account, any and all mail to and from that contact becomes public to those who share the BCM Database. This includes any email transactions that occur outside of the 'realm' of the Business Contact Manager Add-in. So, if I were to send an email to Wiley at Acme Co., who is working on Project 'Kill the Roadrunner', and invite him to lunch, BCM would see this as a trackable Business Note within the project even if it's not intended to be.

Thoughts?

I actually have quite a few questions regarding the administration and management of BCM but can't seem to find any good, in-depth documentation on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: More importantly is project to project. If I have a business contact on two different projects, I don't want one project receiving email meant for the other project that has been sent or received from the same business contact.

--------------------
Knowledge... such a palatable virus!

Riley
Go to the top of the page

+
DanielPineault
post Oct 29 2011, 08:32 AM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

I installed BCM a while back and then ditched it, because I could develop a better tool than it. It just never felt right... I don't think, as you have found out, that it will be easy to find help relating to this product as it never took off.

Since it relates to Outlook, I'd start posting a question there and see what people say.

Best of luck to you!

--------------------
Daniel Pineault
2010-2013 Microsoft MVP
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur
Go to the top of the page

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:35 PM