X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Check Box List In Datasheets, Office 2007    

pghcpa7
post May 1 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #1

When I connect Access 2007 to SQL Server (whether by ADO recordset or by linked table) I no longer get check box lists in the datasheet column filters.

How do I accomplish that with SQL Server back end?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+
Scott McDaniel
post May 3 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

Are you referring to the Multi-Valued Fields? If so, that is an Access-specific item and is not available if you move your data to a different data platform (like SQL Server).

Guide to MultiValued Fields:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA012337221033.aspx

--------------------

+
pghcpa7
post May 5 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #3

No, I am not referring to multi-valued fields.

Someone help me with the correct Access terminology. "Checkbox lists in datasheet view column filters" is the most common I have found.

For example, you open a datasheet. You have a column for location. To the right of the word location in the datasheet header there is a sort arrow. You click this and it brings up a dialog that offers you filters. It also shows you all the possible values of location based on the data in that column. You can then check or uncheck various values and see any odd values -- a very important feature. Check all, check none, etc. You are not limited to entering actual values in filters.

This is especially important in pivot table view.

IF SQL/SERVER IS THE BACK-END this feature is not there. If it's an MDB or ACCDB back-end (or local table) the feature is there.

My theory is that this feature is NOT possible with SQL/Server as back-end. Can anyone tell verify this is true? Or is there a setting somewhere that allows it.

Anyone know?

+
pghcpa7
post May 5 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #4

Answer is here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2751849...server-back-end

If you click the Office Button, select Current Database, then put a check in the "ODBC fields" box under "Filter lookup options" ..

You can do it -- it's an extra setting.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 10:32 PM