UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Continuous Form and Can Grow    

andyg75
post Feb 16 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #1

UtterAccess Veteran

I have a continuous form with a form header, detail, and footer. the form detail is set to "Can Grow." a text box control in the detail portion of the field is also set to "Can Grow." however, when the data in this field is lengthier than the space alloted for it in the form design, a vertical scroll bar appears on the field instead of the field and the form detail actually growing to fit the length of the data. if i turn off the vertical scroll bar in the control's properties, it still doesn't grow--it just truncates itself (well, you can select the text and drag the mouse down and it will scroll to show the rest of the text).
oes "Can Grow" just not work the same on continuous forms as it does on reports?
thanks
Go to the top of the page

+
Nwulf
post Feb 16 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #2

UtterAccess Guru

I believe "Can Grow" in forms only works when you print the form out.
So, to answer your question, it doesn't work the same.
Believe me, I wish it would work. sad.gif
Nick

+
LPurvis
post Feb 16 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #3

UtterAccess Editor

2007 has support for expanding controls in available space - but that likely doesn't help you here.
Nick's right as far as the use of subforms otherwise. (And Printing a form is just yuk anyway).

+
andyg75
post Feb 16 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #4

UtterAccess Veteran

well i do have a version of it as a printable report. but from what i understand it will be viewed on-screen much more than it will be viewed in report form. not the end of the world, i'll just make the rows taller.
Thanks for the answers!
--andy

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 02:55 AM