UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creating monthly calendar report    

stogie35
post Jan 29 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #1

I am trying to create a report that is formatted to look like a monthly calendar (like MS Outlook).
My database is used for managing scheduled events at a restaurant, so I need the calendar to be able to list multiple events per date, as well as display dates that have no event scheduled.
I would consider myself a "serious user" but I am not skilled at writing code. I have searched the web and have not found a solution. The demos from Duane Hookom (http://www.access.hookom.net/Samples.htm) are similar to what I need, but not exact, and even if they were exactly what I needed, I'm not sure how to adapt them to report on the info from my own database.
Can anyone help me? I'd be so grateful.
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+
jwhite
post Jan 29 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

This appears to have the most 'awarded points':
alendar Reports sample
http://www.access.hookom.net/Samples.htm

+
HiTechCoach
post Jan 30 2008, 01:29 AM
Post #3

UtterAccess VIP

Welcome to Utter Access!
would liek to recommend that you search the Access Code Archive forum here at Utter Access. You will find other great examples that my help.
Can you please be more specific on about what you are needing help with?

+
stogie35
post Jan 30 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Fdcusa, thanks for the link, but as I mentioned, I already tried it and don't know how (or if it's possible) to adapt it to a monthly calendar format.
iTechCoach, I have searched this database with no luck. To be more specific about my issue - I need my records to be sorted by month and formatted so that they display as a monthly calendar (with several rows of 7 blocks across the page, one for each day). I need each block/day to display multiple records if necessary, and I need the blocks/days to appear even if there are no records for that date. Does this make sense?
Basically, I want it to look like a wall calendar that I wrote all of my meetings onto. Some days have 4 meetings, others have zero.

+
HiTechCoach
post Jan 31 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #5

UtterAccess VIP

There are some sample in the AccessCode Archive for what you want.
When Seraching:
Select the forum: Access Code Archive
Search word(s): calendar
Search in: Both <<< I do this for most searches
and in posts which are: Both <<< I do this for most searches
Results newer than: Return all <<< I do this for most searches
Hope this helps ...

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 04:18 PM