Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crystal Hits 20k!    

CyberCow
post Feb 22 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #21

UdderAccess Admin + UA Ruler

Nice milestone marker Crystal. Impressive! Congratulations.

As Napolean Dynamite would say: "I like your your post count, it's real big!"

shout.gif yAY!

Crystal's energy, immense technical know-how, contributory acumen and social savoir faire to bring together & introduce several different community members is both inspiring and beneficial to any open mind that encounters her. She is unrivaled in the above mentioned aspects and one of UtterAccess's greatest assets. The world-wide Access community in general is the benefactor of her existence. We are graced to greater degrees with her interactive participation. Thank you Crystal.

--------------------
_Cybercow (moo) _______ Microsoft Access MVP
_ "Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."
_ Carpe notitia ● How to Post a Good QuestionNewcomer's Reading ListDifferences in Access Versions
_ There are two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate data from incomplete information.
Go to the top of the page

+
GlenKruger
post Feb 22 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #22

Utterly Crispy UA Forum Administrator

Congratulations Crystal wine.gif

What can I say about Crystal that hasn't already been said except you've come a long way girl and don't stop for anything.

thanks.gif for all the support you give to everyone here on UA and every other venue you participate in, which in itself is a great achievement.

--------------------
Human nature, it is a funny thing and the hardest thing to program to prevent.
Glen Kruger Visit My Website
MS Access MVP 2013-2014| Wrox Techincal Contributor

+
MiltonPurdy
post Feb 22 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #23

UtterAccess Ruler

Crystal has just helped so many people.

Her basics helped me and thousands more.

Thanks a bunch and congrats!!! notworthy.gif

Milt

--------------------
Milton Purdy - Golf is not a matter of life and death. It's WAY more important than that!!!
Access fanatic

+
DougY
post Feb 22 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #24

Utterly Abby-Normal

Way to go Crystal!! cheers.gif

Thanks for all you do here.

--------------------
- Doug

When I said the program was fool proof, I hadn’t realized there were so many fools.

+
briangriffey
post Feb 22 2012, 01:51 PM
Post #25

UtterAccess Veteran

I read your posts/responses all the time. Thanks for all I've gotten from them...

--------------------
I'm an Electrical Engineer, so cut me some slack...

+
pere_de_chipstic...
post Feb 22 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #26

UtterAccess Editor

Congratulations Crystal on your 20K posts,

I can only echo what has already been said here especially, as David states, that it's always great to find your warm and personal touch.
You were one of the first people to answer my earliest posts and, for me, 'set the tone' for this incredible site, so I stayed ....

Thanks Crystal, for the help you have given me and for the many others you have helped.

Way to go woohoo.gif

--------------------
Warm regards
Bernie

+
John Vinson
post Feb 22 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #27

UtterAccess VIP

Congratulations and best wishes, Crystal!

--------------------
John W. Vinson
Wysard of Information

+
strive4peace
post Feb 22 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #28

UtterAccess Leader

George -- thank you! I look forward to picking your brain on web databases and SharePoint <

Larry -- what a true honor that you joined UA to comment, thank you! Like Glenn and many others, I hope to see more of you!

Lou -- Your simple Form and Report sample, along with many other great basics you have posted, have helped many, thank you

Bob -- thank you, it is nice to be around kind-hearted folks like yourself who give their time to UA

Jack -- wow, thank you so much! You have done tremendous things since you have been here, especially with the wiki. You also inspired me to share my Analyzer, which has gotten me many nice emails with thanks to brighten my day <

Daniel -- I truly hope I have the honor of meeting you someday. Thanks for your kindness and sharing your knowledge. It is good to see you <

Bruce -- thank you, I have benefitted from code you have posted such as positioning forms. I remember the personal thank you note you sent sortly after you joined UA, that was nice. We are glad you are here.

Ron -- your comment touched my heart and made me smile, thank you

Mark -- I'm speechless, especially after figuring all those big words out < I aspire to someday be able to put a fraction of the creativity into my applications that you put into yours. I hope there will be some time for you to show me some of the things you are working on notworthy.gif

Glen -- thank you, and also for all you have done to help UtterAccess in the early years and to become what it is today

Milt -- thank you for the kind words. I see you live in my favorite state for collecting quartz < ... I'll be back someday with my rock hammer and a wheelbarrow ...

DougY -- thank you, and for all you do behind the curtain. I look forward to seeing you soon

Brian -- Bet you didn't realize when you joined UA that it was us getting the Christmas present ... you have come a long way in your knowledge, thank you for the help you give to others

Bernie -- I remember when you started posting, asking about fancy code with Word automation. I always enjoy seeing you on a thread, thank you

John -- thank you ... have any arugula? I hope we can talk more about our rootbound friends sometime < I enjoy your wit and learning from your posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wish I could jump through my monitor and hug you all! I am thankful for a great place like UtterAccess. I want to give my thanks to those who enable a great place like this exist.

My biggest thanks go to Gord Hubbell, who started UtterAccess when Simon Wolf's "A3" forum needed a place to go. It was a lot smaller back then. Gord wrote the forum code himself in PHP. There was nothing faster! As UA grew, Gord incorporated good ideas that members contributed. UA kept getting bigger and better.

Then Microsoft asked Gord to host a wiki on UA. Gord changed the forum software to accommodate the UtterAccess Wiki, which needs your contributions. Make a goal to submit or add to one wiki article before summer starts! you can do it! no matter what your skill level. Jack, Banana, Mark, Brent, Ace, Alan, Glenn, Cynthia, Walter, theDBguy, and others have done an incredible amount of work to customize how the wiki works and organize the content.
If all of you would share one thing you are good at, the wiki will blossom into an even greater warehouse of information.

http://www.UtterAccess.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Thanks to the moderating team, Alan, Glenn, BananaRepublic, Cynthia, Mark, Brent, DougY, Gord, Glen, George, Jack, Jerry, John, Ken, Martin, Larry, Leigh, Lynn, Walter, Noah, Ricky, theDBguy, Truitt, Van, and James

thanks to the VIPs such as Boyd, Lou, Oli, Scott, Boyd, Doug, Danny, John, William, Harry, Ken, Graham, Jay, Bernie, Luc, Mike, Doug, Bob, Tim, John, Matt, Peter, Ben, Aqua, Brian, Paul, Anthony, Tina, Jimbo, Jeff, Daniel, Craig, Dave, Dane, Adam, Chris, Steve, Garry, Des, Rob, Albert, Dan, Jeff, Coop, Woody, our theatrical "Dr" Dennis, and many more ...

... and thanks to you!

it is comforting to come to a place where kindness prevails
uarulez2.gif

+
danishani
post Feb 22 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #29

UtterAccess VIP

I guess, I have missed the party huh!

Congrats on your milestone! yayhandclap.gif

It's really great having you here and in the Access community, your are to me the "sunshine" of UA!

The dedication and the way you helped me and others, is wonderful and amazing and thanks for being the "sunshine" of UA! <

cheers.gif Cheers, and wish you all the best with your continuing efforts!

Daniel

--------------------
. {UA Wiki} . {UA Code Archive} .

"Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

+
wrmosca
post Feb 22 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #30

UtterAccess VIP

You go, girl! I tend to wander in and out of here never finding an unanswered question. I don't know how you do it unless you just camp here. iconfused.gif

--------------------

+
strive4peace
post Feb 22 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #31

UtterAccess Leader

Daniel -- of course you are not late, it never stops! Thank you for your sunny words. It is nice to see you, you always make me smile <

Bill -- My good friend and founder of MS Access Professionals, thank you for sharing your great knowledge, sense of humor, and wonderful personality with the Access community. Thanks for your insightful articles and must-have Properties Setter ... and thanks for popping in to UA <

+
PatrickWood
post Feb 23 2012, 01:36 AM
Post #32

UtterAccess Enthusiast

Congratulations Crysta! You brighten up us all with your kind and positive attitude along with your tireless work helping others. We are so blessed by you!

--------------------
Patrick Wood
Contributor and Technical Editor "Professional Access 2013 Programming", Wiley
Founder, Gaining Access Technologies http://gainingaccess.net/

+
strive4peace
post Feb 23 2012, 01:53 AM
Post #33

UtterAccess Leader

Pat -- It is so nice to see you here! Thanks for all the time you have put into figuring out SQL Azure and sharing it with us on your AccessTips blog! We hope you will make UA a regular stop ... check out some of the cloudy forums like Access Services, SharePoint, and SQL Server. Your expertise would be much appreciated!

+
AlbertKallal
post Feb 23 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #34

UtterAccess VIP

Ok, now 20,000 posts?

Is there a decimal point out of place here?

Golly, I don't know how she does it!

There not a lot of words needed to be said here.

Crystals contributions to the Access community are well know wide and far beyond the walls of UA.

I would be hard pressed to think of ANY part of the world wide Access community who is not aware of Crystal's work and contributions.

In term of Access, she's been (and is) everywhere!

Can we have this song changed to

Crystal's been Access everywhere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a-IO54sDx4

You have without a doubt touched far more people than your 20,000 amazing posts here show!

Congrads…

Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
kallal@msn.com

+
datAdrenaline
post Feb 23 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #35

UtterAccess Editor

I wish I could sit hear and type out a description of the my thoughts and feelings I hold dear in regard to you my dearest Crystal. I continue to value the relationship we have built over the years. I get true enjoyment over how we can talk tech, or otherwise, have common thoughts thumbup.gif --- and differences of opinion dazed.gif --- with each of us knowing that we're still there holding each other in high regard --- despite our quirks and deficientcies.

That seems to be the way you have build many relationships --- enduring, honest, and accepting (regardless of the venue!). You are a valued person Crystal, congratulations on this milestone, and thanks for being the person that you are! thumbup.gif

--------------------
Brent Spaulding | datAdrenaline | Access MVP
It's all very well to tell us to forgive our enemies; our enemies can never hurt us very much. But oh, what about forgiving our friends? - Willa Cather; As always - Pay it Forward!

+
PatrickWood
post Feb 23 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #36

UtterAccess Enthusiast

Thanks Crystal. I am headed to the cloud forums now.

--------------------
Patrick Wood
Contributor and Technical Editor "Professional Access 2013 Programming", Wiley
Founder, Gaining Access Technologies http://gainingaccess.net/

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 23 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #37

Retired Moderator

For this special occasion I have come out of semi-retirement from Access.... WAY TO GO, Crystal!!! hat_tip.gif

Keep up the excellent work!!

Jack

+
strive4peace
post Feb 23 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #38

UtterAccess Leader

Hiya Jack!!!!!! thanks for stopping in. Hey don't leave just yet ... you have social skills to teach us geeky types. We miss your light-hearted and funny comments! I learned so much from you -- way more than you ever learned from me about Access. We all love you, Jack! love.gif

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 23 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #39

Retired Moderator

Aw, shucks, Crystal blush.gif. You are far too kind, but thank you for your warm response!

I think I have forgotten everything I ever learned about Access, but with time permitting I may occasionally darken UA's doorway...if only to remind myself about what a wonderful time I have had here.

YEA CRYSTAL!!

Jack

+
strive4peace
post Feb 23 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #40

UtterAccess Leader

Albert -- thank you. It is coincidental that you bring up a song by an artist of that era and genre -- I spent the better part of yesterday looping Glen Campbell - Ghost On The Canvas My son added a script for YouTube so I can loop videos and all kinds of other things. He just re-did my website ... a couple people have emailed me to let me know my code documenter link is broken ... nice to know people are looking! it is fixed now. My son also did the menu system for Tony's Auto Front End Updater (which is pretty slick!) -- and it is up! anyway, I digress. You are the single biggest influence in all I have learned about Access web databases, thank you Albert notworthy.gif I look forward to a live meeting broadcast ... have to settle for that for now since I won't be seeing you soon

Brent -- my dear intellectual friend for life with many children and wonderful wife, I love you all!! I gotta see your children while they are still kids. I loved your Christmas picture, they are so much taller! ... well except for Malachi. I remember Caleia with her sparkly shoes! Now she is probably using those little feet to get into everything! Thank you for your heart-warming words. You are so smart and I have learned a lot from you, thank you, Brent notworthy.gif

Jack -- thank you my great friend! notworthy.gif you are always there and I think the world of you. Seriously, even though you are not doing much with Access, how about the chat forum? You have a ton of adoring fans and everyone misses you. The new people that don't know you don't even know what they missed! You are one of a kind. When people come here and ask questions, they are often frustrated. You do soooo much to make that go away! ... then the rest of us can teach < Well I could go on and on. It is great to see you here, Jack!

+

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:20 AM