Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crystal Hits 20k!    

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 23 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #41

UA Admin

Hi, Jack. Hope things are going well for you.
Go to the top of the page

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 23 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #42

Retired Moderator

Howdy, George!!!
hings are very well. Very well indeed!!! Doing my Saturday job at the winery is taxing, but great fun, as I get to deal with lots of fun and happy people. A lot like the people here at UA!!!
Otrust you are well and that you are getting your fair share of sunny days... Remember, if it is raining it is best to stay indoors... grinhalo.gif
Jack

+
Alan_G
post Feb 23 2012, 09:10 PM
Post #43

Utterly Yorkshire and Forum/Wiki Editor

Sir Jack - you're back (if only for a while) !!!!
ou've been greatly missed by all in the UA halls, none more so than be me. I miss our late night banter and tales of yore
Hope things are well for you and yours and the wine cellar is still well stocked and flowing well - and you're enjoying your semi-retirement in the Californian sunshine.
Don't be too much of a stranger my old friend, and drop by now and then for a catch up. Here's to you wine.gif

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 23 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #44

Retired Moderator

Alan, you young rascal! How wonderful to hear from you!!!
ay, that wouldn't be a beer in your avatars hand, would it? Nah...I didn't think so...
Life is really good and I have missed my many friends here at UA, but I soldiered on. When I realized that Crystal, and many others, were sneaking up on my post count I had to jump back in the race. At least temporarily. To keep the old wine cellar properly stocked I have to put in a fair amount of time at the winery, which is OK, as I l do love my wine.
But there is another liquid that comes from a place Scotland, wherever that is. They make whiskey there. And you know what? I LOVE IT! I guess I am your man for all things alcoholic...
Otrust you are well, working furiously, staying up late and having the time of your life!!!
Jack

+
jleach
post Feb 23 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #45

UtterAccess Editor

I can't pass up this opportunity...
ack, though your time here was slightly before mine and I don't have recollection of your direct help in threads, you are easily revered here as a UA Legend, spoken of with awe and amazement by so many that I truly do wish I had the chance to have been one of those to recieve your teachings directly. Having seen previous posts and the help you've offered, it's quite obvious that you are a one of a kind.
Pleased to meet you, Sir hat_tip.gif

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 23 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #46

Retired Moderator

Hello, Jack -
hope you will excuse the familiarity of my salutation , but UA, as you know, tends to be familiar. And that, in my humble opinion, is one of the many reasons that this is the best Access forum EVER.
Thank you very much for your kind words, as they are truly appreciated.
I'm not sure about being a 'legend', but I have been lurking for a very long time and enjoying every minute of it. Now it is time for me to ask you to do whatever you can to promulgate UA and all it has to offer. There are a few of the old guard still here, but it is up to the newer members to keep this the special forum what it is. That's you!!
It, Sir, has been my pleasure to meet you!!
Jack

+
DougY
post Feb 24 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #47

Utterly Abby-Normal

Holy smokes batman ... it's the old goat, alive and kicking...
You are missed my friend. The wine cellar never looks the same without you around milling with the barrels and the formulation.

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 24 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #48

Retired Moderator

Tall Doug -
so clearly remember our meeting in San Francisco...over a couple of beers...but I won't mention that part...or the sign you carried....
It feels good to be back with old friends. UA is THE BEST Access forum going with the best and brightest willing to give of their time and expertise. I have been very fortunate to have been able to contribute in my small way....
Memories of Hastings Ranch came flooding back when I saw your post. I wonder why?
Otrust you are busy, happy and continuing to make a positive difference in this world.
Wonderful to hear you Doug. Thanks for being a friend....
Jack

+
GlenKruger
post Feb 24 2012, 02:31 AM
Post #49

Utterly Crispy UA Forum Administrator

Jack how are you doing my old friend?
Been a long time since we bantered back and forth. I have to thank you for getting me interested in wine never drank it till I met you.
Now I enjoy a glass or 2 or 3 you get the idea every night. I even took up making my own.
Don't make yourself so scarce we miss you. wine.gif

+
cpetermann
post Feb 24 2012, 04:19 AM
Post #50

UtterAccess Editor

Sir Jack!!!!! kisses.gif
o often, when replying to a post, I think "What did Jack teach me about this?" or "How would Jack reply to that?".
We need your wisdom, humor, example, and graciousness around here!!
You have so much to share--
and there is a new generation of UA members that need to know how to skin the Access cat <
Like Alan, I so miss our late night chats!!
In preparation for your long anticipated un-retirement:
1. Light on in corner office--check
2. Steps to UA wine cellar cleared-- check
(may need re-stocked, been sadly neglected it in your absence)
pompom.gif
Give me a J
Give me a A
Give me a C
Give me a K
pompom.gif
Yea Jack!!

+
jleach
post Feb 24 2012, 05:11 AM
Post #51

UtterAccess Editor

Cynthia! Thank you so much! To say I'm flattered is a severe understatement! I had no idea that I had had such a profound impact on your... I'm sorry? Oh... oh I see... ah, well then... I'll just, urm... ummm, I'll just go over here then, take care...
big_grin.gif
(sorry, just couldn't help it!)

+
cpetermann
post Feb 24 2012, 05:22 AM
Post #52

UtterAccess Editor

jack,
Sorry for the confusion but it is Sir Jack with a capital J

+
Bob G
post Feb 24 2012, 07:18 AM
Post #53

UtterAccess VIP

if i hadnt seen it with my own eyes i wouldnt believe it. Someone with more posts than the big green guy.
legend indeed.

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 24 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #54

Retired Moderator

Dear Cynthia -
H MY STARS! What an enthusiastic welcome....makes me feel just at tad I'm not sure that I deserve so many kind and thoughtful words, but I'm gonna take 'em!!!
I think I learned as much from you as the other way round. You are very good at this Access business and IF I can find more hours in a day I will do a bit of lurking....hoping to learn from YOU! You see...I don't even have Access on my computer since Microsoft started in with the ribbon.... You can only teach an old dog a few new tricks and the ribbon was where I hit the wall. But I am not whining....well....maybe just a little.
Anyway, it is terrific to hear from you as you are ALWAYS up and cheerful and sunny and bright and FUN!!
Keep it up, Cynthia, because you are doing a fantastic job here at UA!!!
Thank YOU very much indeed....
Jack

+
strive4peace
post Feb 24 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #55

UtterAccess Leader

Jack, I can't tell you how much it warms my heart to see you on the thread and getting people talking, like you are so very good at!
~~
To all:
Jack "adopted" me ... he is always there for me, in my brightest and darkest hours, to bring me back to reality, give sage fatherly advice, and make me laugh! I hope I get to give you a real hug someday, "dad" <

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 24 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #56

Retired Moderator

I have been keeping an eye on TheDBGuy because I remember when he had his first post. Right then I knew I was in trouble, but that is as it should be. There comes a time when the right thing to do is to step aside and give the next generation their turn and their rewards.
Thank you for your kind post!!!
Jack

+
theDBguy
post Feb 24 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #57

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Bob,
see you've met my inspiration and mentor...
Hey Jack, if you keep this up, I will never catch up with you!
It's really nice to see your what-me-worry "mug" around here again!!

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 24 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #58

Retired Moderator

Dear Crystal -
You are always so kind and thoughtful and I sincerely appreciate your more than generous remarks. In this world all we have is each other so we need to make the best of it.
Thanks, Crystal, and keep those terrific demos, apps and Access insights coming!!!
Jack

+
Jack Cowley
post Feb 24 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #59

Retired Moderator

TheDBGuy -
There is no chance that I can outrun you....any more!!! You, being the smart fellow you are, have kept up with the changes in Access and yours truly has not. I'm afraid that The Ribbon was my Waterloo so now the job of helping out rests squarely on your shoulders. And I'm looking forward to when you pass the old guard like Ricky and myself. 'Tis time for the old timers to move aside and make room for people just like you.
Now let your fingers fly across your keyboard and share your wealth of knowledge....
Jack

+
cpetermann
post Feb 24 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #60

UtterAccess Editor

Hang around :
i>abide, affect, await, bide, bide the issue, bum around,
dally, dawdle, delay, dillydally, do nothing,
frequent, goof off, hang about, hang out, hang out at,
haunt, hold everything, hold on, hold your horses, kibbitz,
linger, loll around, lollop around, lounge, lounge around,
mark time, sit around, sit tight, stand around, stay, stay up,
stick around, take time, tarry, wait, Please do!!
"I'm afraid that The Ribbon was my Waterloo"
Jack, remember what the Oracle of Omaha said:
"Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce
to get advice from those who take the subway."
--Warren Bu

+

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 07:56 AM