UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Disable Security Warning In Runtime Environment, Office 2007    

bizhelp9
post Apr 4 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Guru

Hi,
irstly, Happy Easter to all who are marking the holiday. I know that this is not the day to work, but I had some down time and thought I would try to get a few things done before the family shows up.
I have an application which will run in a runtime environment.
When I open the ap I the the following warning: "A potential security concern has been identified"..."Warning: It is not possible to determine that this content came from a trustworthy source ..."
Now, as this is working in a runtime environment, I don't have access to the Trust Center settings. How can I disable this warning on the user's computer.
Thank you for your help as always.
Dave
Go to the top of the page

+
Bob_L
post Apr 4 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #2

Utterly Banned

Perhaps this might be of some assistance.

+
ztatzau
post Apr 5 2010, 01:49 PM
Post #3

UtterAccess Addict

I've looked at the link Bob provided to the Access Junkie site and have what may seem to be a silly question. But, at the risk of sounding a bit silly...
Is creating a registry key to make the Access RT executable installation folder a trusted location sufficient to avoid the Security Warnings or must you also create similar register keys to make the RT-FE and/or BE folders trusted locations as well?
ZT

+
Bob_L
post Apr 5 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #4

Utterly Banned

The trusted location is the trusted location of the FE file, not the executable.

+
bizhelp9
post Apr 5 2010, 02:36 PM
Post #5

UtterAccess Guru

Bob,
Thank you again for your reply. This looks like exactly what I need, but I am afraid that I am still confused as I don't understand how to set the registry keys.
I have looked for a path described by the link you provided, but I am not finding it.
Basically, I don't understand how to get the to registry and how to modify it.
If you can provide a suggestion for a website which I should examine, that would be very helpful.
Thank you for all your advice.
Regards,
Dave

+
Bob_L
post Apr 5 2010, 02:39 PM
Post #6

Utterly Banned

See if this helps.

+
bizhelp9
post Apr 5 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #7

UtterAccess Guru

Bob,
Thank you. Clarifies much of my confusion and clrears up some of the muddle in my head.
I will be installing this runtime ap on a number of computers which may have different versions of Windows XP, Vista and or Windows 7. Therefore, I may have a challenge ahead of me trying to change the registry for all of these computers. In addition to that, I am a bit nervous about making changes to the registry on a computer as this seems to be frought with potential issues.
What do you think?
Dave

+
ztatzau
post Apr 5 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #8

UtterAccess Addict

Thank you Bob!
My initial testing with the P&DW reveals the Access2007RT executable (MSACCESS.EXE) is installed by default (with no way that I can tell you can change this location using the P&DW) is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE
The P&DW has a window that allows creation of Registry entries. I would like to use this feature to create the necessary Trusted Location during my P&DW setup program. I do need some help with this. Would you be so kind as to confirm the following registry entry would be correct if my FE is installed in the folder: C:\MyApp?
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Office\12.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location0]
AllowSubFolders (REG_DWORD) = 1
Path (REG_SZ) "C:\MyApp"
OR,
Must the first line be modified to more specifically refer to the installation path of the RT executable?
Thank you! ZT

+
tkondeth
post Jul 11 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #9

UtterAccess Member

you can do it many ways. here is one, with access2010 runtime:
hope you are working in VB
Create module:
Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
Imports System
Imports System.Security.Permissions
Imports Microsoft.Win32
<Assembly: RegistryPermissionAttribute( _
SecurityAction.RequestMinimum, ViewAndModify:="HKEY_CURRENT_USER")>
Module basCreateRegKey
Public Class RegKey
Shared Sub Main()
If My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location10", "Path", Nothing) Is Nothing Then
' Create a subkey named Access14Loc under HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
Dim Access14Loc As RegistryKey = _
Registry.CurrentUser.CreateSubKey("Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location10")
'Location10 is just an example you can call it as you wish
' Create data for the TestSettings subkey.
Access14Loc.SetValue("Description", "OurProject")
Access14Loc.SetValue("Path", "C:\Your Folder")
Access14Loc.SetValue("AllowSubFolders", 1)
Access14Loc.Close()
MsgBox("Registry Updated Successfully!")
Else
MsgBox("You have already set the Registry. Please don't run this tool again...")
End If
End Sub
End Class
End Module
And call it from a button_Click event for Menu_Click event
basCreateRegKey.RegKey.Main()

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 06:35 PM

Tag cloud: