UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error in loading DLL    

rslheath
post Jan 14 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Enthusiast

Hi All,
I'm doing a little pro-bono work for a local non-profit. Their installation of Access 2007 seems to be missing some (or perhaps the same) DLLs. When I click the Report wizard, I get a simple message saying: Error in loading DLL.
When I try to bring up the Linked Table manager I get a more complicated message that says essentially the same thing: Expression fldListCheckItem you entered at the event property setting produced the following error: Error in loading DLL...
The identical ap running on my machine works fine.
The client's Access installation has the same references checked as my own does.
Reinstalling both the entire MS Office suite (standard installation) and Windows XP did not fix it.
MS Knowledge base has an article for Access version 2002 indicating that this error occurs if DAO360.dll & Msado15.dll are missing or incorrectly registered. I could find nothing on MS's site indicating that correctly registering these two DLLs will solve the problem in 2007.
It'd be great to know how to fix this before going back over to the client site: Does anyone know whether registering these two dll's would solve the problem in 2007? Would registry-cleaner software help? Can I assume that a recent installation of MS Office would contain reasonably current versions of the DLLs?
Thanks,
Russell
Go to the top of the page

+
Scott McDaniel
post Jan 16 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

After re-installing, did you then Update the Office installation (i.e. with Windows Update)?
oes the error point to any specific .dll files?
Is there anything in the workstation's Event Log that would help?

+
rslheath
post Jan 19 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #3

UtterAccess Enthusiast

Hi Scott,
Thanks for your questions.
Odid download and install all recent updates to both MS OFfice and Windows after reinstalling same.
No--the error does not specify the missing DLLs.
I don't know what an event-log is--how do I access it? Note, that the organization has a single computer. It is not on a network (re your use of "workstation').
Thanks
Russell

+
Deserati
post Jan 27 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #4

I am having this exact same issue. Just like yours, the exact same application works fine on a different station. It seems to have happened after I was tinkering with the ODBC administrator tool, and I think I may have dislodged some of the settings. Did you ever find a cure to this? My thought is that I will just reformat and reinstall everything if I can't come up with an answer?

+
rslheath
post Jan 27 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #5

UtterAccess Enthusiast

David--I have not been back to the client site, so no, haven't tried re-registering the dlls. I will post my success or failure as soon as I do. So stay tuned.
ussell

+
jkmglasgow
post Apr 27 2010, 09:33 AM
Post #6

Did you ever solve your problem, I have the same issue with 1 user out of 7 getting the error message, did re-registering the dll solve the problem.

+
jkmglasgow
post Apr 27 2010, 09:33 AM
Post #7

Did you ever solve your problem, I have the same issue with 1 user out of 7 getting the error message, did re-registering the dll solve the problem.

+
Kenny Holmes
post Nov 24 2011, 02:44 AM
Post #8

UtterAccess Enthusiast

I am also having this problem so thought I would post details in case anyone finds them useful, hopefully I will solve the problem and can report back.
I have not used access for a few months on this particular PC. It occurs to me that I have used CCleaner in this time to cleanup the registry. I noticed CCleaner found errors about missing DLLs and it deleted the registry entry.
I am now considering if it wrongly detected the DLL was missing or it may have been missing before I ran CCleaner. I have never had CCleaner cause error with the maintenance it does before. I am now looking to see if I can restore the DLLs.
I will post when I get some results.

+
Kenny Holmes
post Nov 24 2011, 08:04 AM
Post #9

UtterAccess Enthusiast

I have solved the problem.
Olocated the dao360.dll file. I copied the file to the "SysWOW64" folder and everything is now working ok.
It also worked if I copied the DLL to the same location as the database I was using, but I didn't want to be carting the DLL round.

+
ghoti
post Nov 27 2011, 04:13 PM
Post #10

UtterAccess Addict

Hi all,
've got the same problem "Error in loading DLL"
I am running Windows 7 Home edition and Office 2003 Professional.
Everything was working fine until today. I use a command button to open a different form (of images) but when I press the button the correct form comes up but does not go to the correct ID number - just get the error message.
I have dao360.dll on my computer and it is registered (check box is ticked) in the Visual Basic "References - Exported"
Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Many thanks.
George

+
ghoti
post Nov 27 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #11

UtterAccess Addict

OK, It is now working (but for how long, fingers crossed!!).
The stupid Windows 7 search facility couldn't find the DAO360.dll but I found it with another search application.
However, I have 3 folders called SysWOW64 - one was in a Bluetooth folder, one in the user's name\AppData\ etc............ and the third in C:\windows -- so I copied and pasted the DAO360.dll into the two latter folders and hey presto - it's working - for the moment

+
marilynmjohnson
post Mar 1 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #12

I had the same problem with missing DLLs on a Windows 7 machine. One was for FldListCheckItem which kept the Link Table Manager from working. The other I discovered when I tried to compile the DB and it choked on CurrentDb(). The info in this thread was what I needed. I located DAO360.dll at c:\program files (x86) \Common Files\Microsoft shared\DAO\ and copied it to the SYSWOW64 directory and both problems were solved.

+
WestBank
post Aug 3 2012, 01:26 PM
Post #13

Yep that did the trick. Thanks!!!

+
snailalot
post Feb 17 2014, 10:33 AM
Post #14

I had a near fatal laptop crash a few weeks back and have been getting this same "error loading dll" message ever since. Tried repairing, uninstalling, praying and out of sheer desperation I even attempted one of Microsoft's own 'solutions'. Nothing worked and I had visions of wiping the lot and starting again. Not my first choice since I've been collating 25 years of work records into one place. Copying the dll into wow64 seems to have solved the problem. Many thanks for that. That's a huge relief and weight of my mind.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 06:54 PM