UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Export To Pipe Delimited, Office 2000    

dsabol2000
post Mar 4 2010, 06:47 AM
Post #1

UtterAccess Addict

How can I export a table to a pipe delimited file? I'll ultimately need to automate this process, as well. Others will be running this.
Go to the top of the page

+
Peter46
post Mar 4 2010, 06:54 AM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

You need to go through the export process manually and create a specification as you do so.
Use the Advanced button on the export dialog.
You can then create a macro or code procedure using Transfertext in which you use the specification.

+
dsabol2000
post Mar 4 2010, 08:52 AM
Post #3

UtterAccess Addict

Great! Thanks! I forgot I've used that in the past. (a long time ago).
One final question, do you know if it's possible to have it change the file name when it's run? This is for a report to generate a file each month. The file name is required to have the month, that the data represents, in the name...is there a way to automate that or is it best to have the user make that change each time it's run?

+
Peter46
post Mar 4 2010, 08:59 AM
Post #4

UtterAccess VIP

If you use docmd.Transfertext in code then you can build the filename from expressions.
You can't do that witha macro.
ocmd.TransferText acExportDelim,"spec","queryname","C:\folder\File" & format(date(), "yyyymmm") & ".txt", true

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 10:39 PM