UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Full Menu & Navigation Pane in Access 2007    

ihavesmiles4u2
post Sep 22 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Enthusiast

I have turned off The Full Menu and the Navigation Pane (Access 2007) so that my switchboard is the only thing showing. Each button in my switchboard is password protected to allow certain groups different access to the database. I figured out how to get the navigation pane back using the follwing code:
If Text7 = "wbushil" Then

Access.DoCmd.SelectObject ObjectType:=acTable, _
ObjectName:="Adobe", InDatabaseWindow:=True

End If
However, I am unable to get the Full Menu back. Can someone help me get back my full menu.
Cheers!
Wendy
PS: I tried using the shift key and that will not work plus I don't want the shift key or the f11 key active.
Go to the top of the page

+
amoorman86
post Sep 22 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess Enthusiast

I am having the same problem right now. If you right click all over your database you occasionally find some of the buttons located on the bar but I cant make new querys :(
I have security in place so i access my database through a shortcut. This means holding shift doesnt work and F11 only opens the navigation pane :(
Any ideas?

+
ihavesmiles4u2
post Sep 23 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #3

UtterAccess Enthusiast

I found this on MS website:
When you clear the Allow Full Menus check box, the Access Options are no longer visible from the Microsoft Office Button. To retrieve them, you must hold down the SHIFT key when you open the database so that you can select the Allow Full Menus check box again.
But my SHIFT key does not work at all.
Oeven tried using the database: AllowBypassKey2kTo2k7.mdb and diabled it and it still will not work.
Please can someone help me get my menu's back :(
Cheers!

+
ihavesmiles4u2
post Sep 24 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #4

UtterAccess Enthusiast

I did it.... I am a newbie to XML and 2007 but I did figure out that in order to do all of this I had to download Visual Basics Express Edition and I also imported the CustomUI scheme (http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archive/2006/10/26/final-schema-for-ribbonx-based-solutions.aspx). I am not really sure how all of this works but after 3 days of racking my brain I managed to get it working. (See the steps below).
How for my next problem. Although the ribbon is hidden you can still access the office button and get to the Access Options and remove the ribbon name. Is there a way to lock the Access Options?
Steps to hide the Ribbon:
1. Create a table and name it: USysRibbons
2. Create two field Names:
RibbonName - (Data Type = Text)
RibbonXML - (Data Type = Memo)
3. IN datasheet view enter the following:
Ribbon Name: HideTheRibbon
RibbonXML:
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
<ribbon startFromScratch="true"></ribbon>
</customUI>
4. Save and Close
5. Go into the windows Office Button at the top Left of your screen
6. Click on Access Options
7. Click on Current Database
8. Scroll down to Ribbons and ToolBar Options
9. Under Ribbon Name select HideTheRibbon
10. Click OK
11. Re-start Database and you should not see the ribbon.
Cheers!

+
annestover
post Oct 14 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #5

UtterAccess Member

I can't answer your question, but am wondering how you password protect items on the switchboard. I need to do just that and am not sure how to go about it. Can you help?
Thanks!
Anne

+
ihavesmiles4u2
post Apr 27 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #6

UtterAccess Enthusiast

I realize this is a delay but here is how I password protected items on the switchboard.
Create a command button (just replace "x" with the password you want and what forms you need to open)
On Click
Private Sub Command12_Click()
Dim PassWord As String
PassWord = InputBox("Approved Installations")
If PassWord = "x" Then
' Open Form
DoCmd.OpenForm "IMAC"

Else
MsgBox ("You are not authorized to access this database. Please contact the IT Asset Manager if you need further assistance.")
End If
End Sub

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 08:03 AM