UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Keeping Retail Price Record, Office 2010    

dtemple12
post Feb 23 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #1

I am extremely new to Access and I am sure I have a very simple problem. This is my first posting so I am sorry if I am about as clear as mud. I am attempting to create a database to keep pricing information for cigarette buydowns which is basically the amount the manufacturers pay you back for buying them at higher price. For this I need to keep a record of the price of an item when the cartons are bought but also retain this when the buydown amount changes. I have the basics of the database created, but it keeps the the newest amount in the records but not the previous amount for the older records.
Thanks for all your help in advance,
Dwayne
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Relationships_for_buydown.pdf ( 10.94K ) Number of downloads: 4

Go to the top of the page

+
AvgJoe
post Feb 23 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess Ruler

dtemple12,
reetings and Welcome to UtterAccess. welcome2UA.gif
Here's a link to a UA Wiki article that actually refers to tracking price history - Wiki Article - Normalising A Database
Please post back if you have more questions.
AvgJoe hat_tip.gif

+
dtemple12
post Feb 24 2012, 09:01 AM
Post #3

That article was honestly one of the most informative ones that I have read! That is including 2 Access books that I purchased. I am going to give it a shot this morning!! Thanks for your help!

+
AvgJoe
post Feb 24 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #4

UtterAccess Ruler

dtemple12,
I'm in complete agreement with you. align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />
Whenever I create a database, I use that article as a guide to insure that (best I can) I've set things up correctly.
Post back if you have any more questions.
AvgJoe hat_tip.gif

+
dtemple12
post Mar 7 2012, 09:46 AM
Post #5

I am doing something wrong. I created the database to those specifications but what is the best way to get the pricing history to populate into the history?

+
MadPiet
post Mar 8 2012, 04:59 AM
Post #6

UtterAccess Ruler

probably by calling code in the BeforeUpdate event of your form. You would append the old values to a history table before the value was updated.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 01:17 PM