UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Microsoft Sp1    

LeeAnn
post Sep 25 2011, 01:26 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Ruler

I have a system that cannot install SP1. It states that is has an issue with Microsoft Security Essentials. I have it disables and it will not install. I have tried installing it in safe mode and it will not do it that way either. Can anyone tell me how to install this on my system? I am about ready to pull my hair out. It is Windows 7 Home Premium. II have Windows Defender turned off and cannot figure out why the thing cannot be installed.
Thanks for any assistance that can be provided here.
Go to the top of the page

+
cpetermann
post Sep 25 2011, 04:32 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess Editor

Right now, I would suggest that you not try to install sp1
it has seemed to cause more problems than it cures--
wait for sp2
Search UA Archives for 2010 sp1
For google it.
Many who use this forum have uninstalled it.

+
jleach
post Sep 26 2011, 04:05 AM
Post #3

UtterAccess Editor

Do you mean for Windows or Access (or something else)?
Not that I know any fixes aside from what Cynthia mentioned - not installing sp1 for Access 2010, just curious...

+
dmhzx
post Sep 26 2011, 06:11 AM
Post #4

UtterAccess Ruler

I had no end of troule with Office 2010 SP1 (specificallly with Access)
It startted crashing regularlay and didn't even uninsatall prrperly.
ounde to me like you've had a lucky escape.

+
LeeAnn
post Sep 26 2011, 07:01 AM
Post #5

UtterAccess Ruler

Sorry, it is for Windows 7 SP1, not Office 2007. I thought it might have to do something with Windows Defender but if that was the case then I would see more issues with Sp1 on the net. I turned that off and it still said that there was an issue with Security Essentials. This is driving me nuts. I do see that Security Essentials is installed but it seems I cannot uninstall it as when I try it states that it cannot find it. Something is not right. I might try doing the whole bit of running hijack this and all the other virus software but I am not expecting to find anything as I try to be very careful as to what I do on this machine.
Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks again.

+
dmhzx
post Sep 26 2011, 07:08 AM
Post #6

UtterAccess Ruler

Windows 7 sp1 has known problems if you use ADO in your Access work.

+
dmhzx
post Sep 26 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #7

UtterAccess Ruler

We're still on XP here. - Does win 7 have an option to 'repair'?
If so, maybe you could 'repair' back to the original standard, and then try SP1 on top of that.
(I can have a look at bit later on -- It's now UK time 13:16, I have win 7 at home, and will be ther by about 21:00)

+
jleach
post Sep 26 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #8

UtterAccess Editor

Win7 SP1 breaks ADO, but the presence of any ADO in existing applications shouldn't have any effect on the installation of SP1, I wouldn't think.
nfortunately, I don't really know what could be causing the problem. Obviously I would suggest uninstalling the Security Essentials and trying, but you can't seem to do that... I'm not sure offhand, but is that part of the Windows Live stuff? Or are the two tied together somehow? I forget... but if so I wonder if taking a look at the Live installation (if you have any) might provide some clue, but I may be way off base on that.
Ousually avoid them myself, but maybe you could download a tool like CCleaner and scan the reg for leftovers from a Security Essentials installation? Not sure... try that at your own risk.
hth

+
yvesdekort
post Sep 26 2011, 07:29 AM
Post #9

UtterAccess VIP

Check out this from MS to manually uninstall Security Essentials.

+
LeeAnn
post Sep 26 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #10

UtterAccess Ruler

Thanks for all the help. I am going to try to clean the registry then try to get rid of that Security Essentials. I think that should do the trick (or at least I will keep my fingers crossed that it does).

+
LeeAnn
post Sep 27 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #11

UtterAccess Ruler

Now I am officially irked. I tried to uninstall Security Essentials by manually doing it and it does not see it. I ran CCleaner and did a clean of the registry. Tried running the update again and surprise surprise, I cannot run it because the version of Microsoft Security Essentials (the program that not installed) does not agree with the setup. Thanks again Microsoft. I do not know what do next except go buy a friggin Mac.

+
LeeAnn
post Sep 27 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #12

UtterAccess Ruler

Sometimes you just have to think a bit. I re-installed security essentials and then uninstalled it. I reran the update. The update finally installed. Thanks for the help all.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 02:51 PM