UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recurring Task Tracking    

carcanken
post Feb 23 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #1

I was looking at a way to create some recurring task ad came across Allen Browne's example. This looks like it will do just about what I need. One thing I would like to figure out is how can I track the dates of the task. I.e. If a task was due on the 15th I would like to add what date it was actually completed on that way I can report on any late items.
Any help would be appreciated.
ar
Go to the top of the page

+
AvgJoe
post Feb 23 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess Ruler

Car,
reetings and Welcome to UtterAccess. welcome2UA.gif
The attached database may muddy things more than anything, but I'll present it to you to see if it might meet your needs.
AvgJoe hat_tip.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ITStats_Stripped.zip ( 52.38K ) Number of downloads: 19

+
carcanken
post Feb 23 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Thanks I'll take a look

+
carcanken
post Feb 24 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Was unable to figure ot out. One thing I was thing about was oonce the frm event fields was filled out the recurreing dates could be added to another table but cant figure out how the dates get populated. I noticied that when I select in the Occurences field the data get populated to tblEvent but I was trying to see if I put a button on the form and have it run the qryEventDates that it only shows the previous events and not the one I am filling the form out for. Stuck ;(
Thanks
car

+
marineco
post Feb 24 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #5

UtterAccess Veteran

I haven't seen this example you mention in the original post, but wouldn't the simple solution be to add a field or two? DateDue and DateComplete or something similar?

+
carcanken
post Feb 24 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #6

I'm not sure where to add the fields since the recurring dates gets created from a query

+
marineco
post Feb 24 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #7

UtterAccess Veteran

can you upload it, or tell where you found it?

+
carcanken
post Feb 24 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #8

I downloaded it from AppRecur.

+
marineco
post Feb 24 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #9

UtterAccess Veteran

It looks like it sort of has that function built in already. I clicked edit next to one of the bithdays in the example, changed it to todays date and gave it a comment. it shows in that screen the original date, plus the actual date. not the easiest to view/track, but the information is there already built in. If you notice, the items that have been modified get their date highlighted in frmevent.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 02:29 AM