X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recurring Task Tracking    

carcanken
post Feb 23 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #1

I was looking at a way to create some recurring task ad came across Allen Browne's example. This looks like it will do just about what I need. One thing I would like to figure out is how can I track the dates of the task. I.e. If a task was due on the 15th I would like to add what date it was actually completed on that way I can report on any late items.
Any help would be appreciated.

car
Go to the top of the page

+
AvgJoe
post Feb 23 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess Ruler

Car,

Greetings and Welcome to UtterAccess. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome2UA.gif)

The attached database may muddy things more than anything, but I'll present it to you to see if it might meet your needs.

AvgJoe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hat_tip.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ITStats_Stripped.zip ( 52.38K ) Number of downloads: 17

+
carcanken
post Feb 23 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Thanks I'll take a look

+
carcanken
post Feb 24 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Was unable to figure ot out. One thing I was thing about was oonce the frm event fields was filled out the recurreing dates could be added to another table but cant figure out how the dates get populated. I noticied that when I select in the Occurences field the data get populated to tblEvent but I was trying to see if I put a button on the form and have it run the qryEventDates that it only shows the previous events and not the one I am filling the form out for. Stuck ;(

Thanks
car

This post has been edited by carcanken: Feb 24 2012, 12:08 PM

+
marineco
post Feb 24 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #5

UtterAccess Veteran

I haven't seen this example you mention in the original post, but wouldn't the simple solution be to add a field or two? DateDue and DateComplete or something similar?

+
carcanken
post Feb 24 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #6

I'm not sure where to add the fields since the recurring dates gets created from a query

+
marineco
post Feb 24 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #7

UtterAccess Veteran

can you upload it, or tell where you found it?

+
carcanken
post Feb 24 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #8

I downloaded it from AppRecur.

+
marineco
post Feb 24 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #9

UtterAccess Veteran

It looks like it sort of has that function built in already. I clicked edit next to one of the bithdays in the example, changed it to todays date and gave it a comment. it shows in that screen the original date, plus the actual date. not the easiest to view/track, but the information is there already built in. If you notice, the items that have been modified get their date highlighted in frmevent.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:56 AM