UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remove time from a date field    

Stewy
post Aug 26 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #1

I have a table with a date field that has date and time in it, example: 8/26/2005 7:45:39 AM
Oneed to be able to strip the time out, and just use the date, so that I can then create a relation from that field to another table with a date field that has just the date in it. Can anyone help me? thanks guys...
Go to the top of the page

+
freakazeud
post Aug 26 2005, 10:54 AM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi,
welcome to UA forums.
Use the datevalue function to pull the date out of your field. Make a query and in a new column in that query you can use:
ustDate: DateValue([YourField])
FOr you could use an update query to update the original field with similar syntax if you don't NEED the time anymore!
HTH
Good luck

+
RedLineSkis
post Aug 26 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #3

UtterAccess Addict

I don't know if this would help but i believe you can just go to the design view of the table and just change the format of the date field to reflect just the date. For example change the format from "general Date" to "Short date" this will take off the time.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 12:31 AM

Tag cloud: