UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Make It In The Report View    

Frank Situmorang
post Feb 23 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Ruler

Hello,
I have 2 questions, 1 is why I can not see my postings in Firefox browser when I opened it in the my office. Now I am doing this from my home Internet Explorer 8.
The 2nd one is the problem. This is my VBA to open the report:
Private Sub Open_Report_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Open_Report_Click

Dim stDocName As String

stDocName = "Laporan Buku Anggota Jemaat Kebayoran_Consol"

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview

Exit_Open_Report_Click:
Exit Sub
Err_Open_Report_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_Open_Report_Click

End Sub
What is the replacement of acPreview in order to see the in the report view instead of the Print View.
The problem is when I open it in the AC2007, we have to click the report view in order to see the Swich Window, in order to go to filter form. If it is in the Print Preview, we have to click the rerport view at the right bottom toolbar. Users prefer to be able to see the Switch to Windows upper right tool bar.
Thanks for any helps
Frank
Go to the top of the page

+
Doug Steele
post Feb 23 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

No idea about your problem with Firefox, but try acViewReport instead of acPreview (which should actually be acViewPreview when used with DoCmd.OpenReport)

+
Frank Situmorang
post Feb 23 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #3

UtterAccess Ruler

Doug,
I have changed it to acViewPreview, but the resutl is still the same, when I opened it with AC2007 the report still show up in Print View. Can you help me again?
Frank

+
pere_de_chipstic...
post Feb 24 2012, 04:17 AM
Post #4

UtterAccess Editor

Hi Frank
The change should be to acViewReport rather than acViewPreview
hth

+
Doug Steele
post Feb 24 2012, 06:08 AM
Post #5

UtterAccess VIP

Whicih is exactly what I said to use! (I was trying to point out that his original statement, using acPreview, was incorrect as well)

+
Doug Steele
post Feb 24 2012, 06:08 AM
Post #6

UtterAccess VIP

Which is exactly what I said to use! (I was trying to point out that his original statement, using acPreview, was incorrect as well)

+
Frank Situmorang
post Feb 27 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #7

UtterAccess Ruler

Pere and Doug,
Thanks a lot to all of you. You are awesome. It works like a charm.
Regards,
Frank

+
Frank Situmorang
post Feb 27 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #8

UtterAccess Ruler

Pere and Doug,
Thanks a lot to all of you. You are awesome. It works like a charm.
Regards,
Frank

+
Frank Situmorang
post Feb 28 2012, 02:50 AM
Post #9

UtterAccess Ruler

Pere,
I have a prolbem, when I chaged it to acViewReport, I tested it works, but when I tried to make an MDE. it can not be made to MDE, and when I compled it the error message says, acViewReport is not defined.
Could you please help, how can we solve the problem. I need to make the MDE.
Thanks to help me again.

Frank

+
Frank Situmorang
post Feb 28 2012, 02:51 AM
Post #10

UtterAccess Ruler

Pere,
I have a prolbem, when I chaged it to acViewReport, I tested it works, but when I tried to make an MDE. it can not be made to MDE, and when I compled it the error message says, acViewReport is not defined.
Could you please help, how can we solve the problem. I need to make the MDE.
Thanks to help me again.

Frank

+
pere_de_chipstic...
post Feb 28 2012, 03:10 AM
Post #11

UtterAccess Editor

Hi Frank
That is odd,
Just to confirm though, you are trying to create an Accde, rather than an mde?
If you are converting your A2007 db to to A2003, or earlier, and then creating an mde, report mode would not be recognized in the earlier versions of Access.
A2007 obviously initially recognized 'acViewReport' as it worked when you first tried it, so if you are still working in A2007, first make sure you make a copy of your db, and then compact and repair, failing that try decompiling your db.
hth

+
Frank Situmorang
post Feb 28 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #12

UtterAccess Ruler

Pere,
I have 2 versions on my PC, one is AC2002/XP and the other is AC2007. Let me explain a bit my case. I originally built my membership database in AC 2002. For me it is OK when I open a report in AC Xp, eventhough in PrintView, it is easy to see another form/filterform, but my friends they have AC2007, and when they opened the report in PrintView, the Switch Windows in the topright ribbon can not be seen, until we hit the reportview in the bottom right. So instead of telling them (users) to hit more steps, it is better to have it opened in Report View. Following your instruction yes when we open it's OK, but of course I will not give the .MDB, I need to make an MDE in AC Xp, but I could not, since AC Xp does not recognize that acViewReport.
Thanks for your helping me again.
Frank

+
pere_de_chipstic...
post Feb 28 2012, 03:46 AM
Post #13

UtterAccess Editor

Hi Frank
If you want to use report mode then you will have to convert your A2002 to A2007 (or later) - Open your db and then, from the Office Button, use Save As --> Access 2007 database.
You will not be able to distribute your A2007 accde to anyone who only has A2003 or earlier, however they could still obtain the runtime version of A2007 free of charge from the MS website.
hth

+
Frank Situmorang
post Feb 28 2012, 03:54 AM
Post #14

UtterAccess Ruler

Pere,
Maybe I just keep my development in ACXP and just tell the 2007 Users to rightclick on the printview report, to choose report view to be able to see the Switch Windows in AC2007.
Anyway to enable use to make MDE in 2007, we save as 2007. then making it .MDE?, what is accde stands for.
Frank

+
pere_de_chipstic...
post Feb 28 2012, 04:06 AM
Post #15

UtterAccess Editor

Hi Frank
2007 does gives you the command to save mdb format files as mde, however I would be cautious about converting mdb files to mde using A2007 as, in my experience, the resultant mde does not work properly.
To create an mde file, it is better to use the original access version to create the mde file.
But as I suggested earlier, is there any reason why your users cannot download A2007 runtime?
MS changed the database file format with Access 2007 from mdb to accdb (and mde to accde). The accde is just the executable eqivalent file format in A2007 (or A2010) to the mde file format in A2003 (or earlier).
hth

+
Frank Situmorang
post Feb 28 2012, 04:15 AM
Post #16

UtterAccess Ruler

Pere,
He never use Runtime, I do not even know about it. Could you explain more about run time?. How can we install it. Is it true, even if user does not have access program in their computer, they can run the executable MS Access file?
Thanks for enlighting me.
Frank
Jakarta

+
pere_de_chipstic...
post Feb 28 2012, 04:30 AM
Post #17

UtterAccess Editor

Hi Frank
untime is a basically the full version of Access but with out the ability to make design changes - you are not able to see the various objects in your db as the Navigation Pane is hidden.
You, of course, need to make sure that your db starts up automatically, ie with either an AutoExec macro or a form that open on start up, but otherwise, from the point of running your db it is exactly the same.
You can simulate runtime with the full version of Access by either changing the file extension of your app from accdb to accdr or by opening the database with the /runtime switch in a shortcut.
Edit:
Installing runtime is simply a matter of downloading the runtime from MS and following the instructions from the website. You can run accde and accdb files from Access runtime.
Edit2:
Just to clarify; The executable files won't run on their own, you must have either full Access or Access runtime installed on the PC to run the Access application.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 07:01 PM