UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Resize Form according to Screen Size    

hamishcsmith
post Aug 28 2009, 12:30 AM
Post#1

Dear Gang,
I have a front end designed for1280*1024 resolution and want all of my forms to resize (along with all of their controls) when a user opens the form on their PC. The multiple end users all use different screen resolutions. I have sued code years ago that read the end user's screen resolution and setthe form size to this. However, this time I want to keep the form at less than full-window size.
I want the code to resize my form keeping it's relative dimensions, resize all the controls doing the same, and place the form in the centre of the end user's window.
It's a BIG ask I know, but I have seen this code around, and despite spending hours looking for it again, I thought that I'd open it up to the group to see if anyone has this code in their hot little hands now!
Many thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

Larry Larsen
post Aug 28 2009, 02:38 AM
Post#2

UA Editor + Utterly Certified

Hi
Have you checked out this one: Form Resizer:
The Form Resizer is a Microsoft® Access MDB (Microsoft Database) that allows you to install a module in your own Access MDBs that can resize your program's forms to fit the current screen resolution. It is intended for Access developers with basic Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) coding knowledge. Works with Access 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003.
HTH's
thumbup.gif

hamishcsmith
post Aug 29 2009, 12:21 AM
Post#3

Ta mate - got it already. Doesn't resize pictures on command buttons very well, and doesn't handle tabs at al well either. Oh well. It seems like the costly ShrinkerStretcher is the best one out there.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th May 2019 - 11:40 PM