(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Return without GoSub error    

PeteBryden
post Jul 2 2008, 05:39 AM
Post #1

UtterAccess Addict

Hi - On opening one of my forms, an error message has come up occasionally, and not with any noticable pattern. It says, 'The expression OnLoad you entered as the event property produced the following error - Return without GoSub.

If I OK that, it goes on to give the same error message for OnCurrent too.

Neither of those procedures have a Return command in them - in fact, there isn't a Return command in the whole of my project.

This seems to discuss the problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/37483 although the eroor message comes up when I select my form from a main menu, in which case, OnLoad is the first procedure to run and I can't see that there can have been any 'chaining'.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Pete
Go to the top of the page

+
ace
post Jul 2 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

What happens when you try to compile your code?

+
PeteBryden
post Jul 2 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #3

UtterAccess Addict

err - I don't think I've compiled my code. I've just checked in 'Access Inside Out' and I see that it helps the procedures to run faster.

If I'm working on a split database, will compiling it change the way it works? At the moment, if I make changes to the front end, I send the modified version over to my office where it's used as an .accdr file and they replace the existing front end with the new one. I keep the paths to the data the same at home and at the office by emulating the office computer name and path to the back end on a second my computer at home where I have a copy of the back end.

Thanks

+
ace
post Jul 2 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #4

UtterAccess VIP

Compiling only affects the file you have open. It will tell
you if you have any errors that the compiler can catch
before runtime. It might give you a clue to what is causing
your current problem. Might not also.

In any code module from the tool bar:
Debug -> Compile

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 02:35 PM