(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Set Myself Up As Administrator - Problem Running Batch File, Any Version    

bakersburg9
post Oct 13 2011, 04:17 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Ruler

I'm having problems using scheduler to run a batch file that I KNOW works - but when I try to schedule it, it doesn't run. I did some research, and I found a possible solution, but I don't know how to implement - here's what I found:

Setup your task under your administrator account.
Then, go the folder with the batch file and ADD the administrator permissions to full control for the folder and each of the batch files.
If the batch files has to write some data, then the target for the task ALSO should have explicit full permissions.
Now try to run the task from the Task Scheduler.

Can someone please translate that ? When I try to edit the properties of my job, there are four tabs:

Task / Schedule / Settings / Security

I'm guessing this is done in Security, but I don't know what to do ...

In security, at the top it says Group or user names, and there is one "group" in there - it says 'everyone'

Go to the top of the page

+
theDBguy
post Oct 13 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Before all that, if you say you can execute the batch file manually without any problems, then I would first try staying logged in to the machine when the Task Scheduler runs. So, if you are scheduling this task in the middle of the night, don't log out before you leave for the day.

Just my 2 cents... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/2cents.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:51 PM