UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spelling Checker not installed?, Office 2003    

Korgibear
post Apr 15 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Addict

Hello,
I have an Access 2003 application that I have just added the spell checking functionality to my forms. It works just fine. I gave the application to my client who ran it, tried the spell checker and got the following error message:
"Can't start the spelling checker because it isn't installed.
Isn't the spell checker an integral part of Access? Is there an option, reference, or setting somewhere that needs to be turned on?
Thanks!
Debra
Go to the top of the page

+
Doug Steele
post Apr 16 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

Your client wouldn't happen to be using the Runtime, would he/she?
pell Check is not part of the Access Runtime.
That being said, I believe it's possible to install Office without the Proofing Tools (which is where Spell Check comes from)

+
Korgibear
post Apr 22 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #3

UtterAccess Addict

Well that's insane - why have it in developer if you can't have it in the runtime?
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. Why would I install Office without the Proofing Tools. The real question is, can I install the Proofing Tools in such a way that Access Runtime will see it?
Thank you so much for your help and ideas.
Debra

+
Korgibear
post Apr 22 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #4

UtterAccess Addict

OK, so here's another confusion:
created an .MDE file and the spell checker works just fine.
Could there be a reference file or "plugin" (for lack of a better word) that I can include with this application?
Thanks!
Debra

+
Doug Steele
post Apr 22 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #5

UtterAccess VIP

Not sure what you mean by "why have it in developer if you can't have it in the runtime?" The runtime is a royalty-free version of Access that can be installed by as many users as you like. The developer edition (which, in the case of Access 2003, is Visual Studio Tools for Office) is simply a way of packaging the runtime version for your users.
It's not clear to me whether or not you are using the runtime. If you are, then no, there's no way to include the proofing tools.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 07:46 PM