(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> System Resource Exceeded?    

joel4119
post Jan 11 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #1

Hello,
My work has recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010 (x32), and now some functionality with Microsoft Access no longer works.
Our database used to have a function which would get a table of all of our clients and their billing summaries, but since we have upgraded we consistently get the same error message "System resource exceeded."
What's strange is that the function still works on our computers with Microsoft Office 2007, and even on the older ones with Microsoft Office 2003 (this computer has both Microsoft Access 2003 and 2010, yet only 2003 works for this function).
If this helps, here are the specs for the current computer I am trying to get this function to work on:
Dell Optiplex 780
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
Q9400 @ 2.66GHz with 8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated, as we no longer have the licensing to install older versions of Microsoft Office on to our newer computers.
Thanks for your time!
Go to the top of the page

+
rbianco
post Jan 11 2011, 04:31 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

Welcome to UA! welcome2UA.gif
I may not have the solution for you, but one thing does come to mind. Search out the phrase "MS Access 2010 and Trusted Locations". I seem to recall certain functionality not behaving as expected unless all parties concerned are "Trusted".

According to Allen Brown's help site (concerning Converting to Access 2007 or 2010):

+
joel4119
post Jan 12 2011, 12:43 PM
Post #3

Thank you for the suggestion.
I tried adding our database's folder into Access 2010's trusted locations through the Trust Center options, but it apparently had no effect.
By the way, I am not sure if this makes much difference or not, but the function I am having trouble with is an Add-in.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

+
rbianco
post Jan 12 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #4

UtterAccess VIP

What is the specific Add-in? It is possible/likely that the add-in is no longer supported (i.e. my understanding is that certain ActiveX controls such as the calendar control no longer work - this may also be the case with your add-in). Search the add-in name to see if others are encountering any issues.

+
joel4119
post Jan 12 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #5

I am not really sure what the name of the actual add-in is... Our database was built by a retired employee who is rather hard to get a hold of, so for all I know it could all be customized.
To get to the error, I basically click on the "Add-Ins" tab, then click on "Billing," then "Billing Process," then "2. Billing Summary Table" which is the form/report that does not work.
For a moment I was thinking that this function may have been exceeding the maximum specifications of Access, but unless Microsoft lowered the maximums in the 2010 edition it must be something else.
I am still searching around on the internet for a solution, but any input/suggestions help.
Thanks.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:04 AM