UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Unknown" Error when running query    
 
   
georgeedwards
post Jun 11 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Enthusiast
Posts: 90
From: London



Hello

When I go to run a query that I have made, I simply receive the "Unknown" message. I thought this was due to an "Eval" statement in the criteria of the query but I have since removed this and the problem still exists.

Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page
 
+
R. Hicks
post Jun 11 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #2

UA Forum Administrator
Posts: 39,676
From: Birmingham, Alabama USA



Post the SQL ...
Without seeing the query .. anything would be nothing more than a wild guess.

RDH


--------------------
Ricky Hicks
Microsoft MVP
Birmingham, Alabama USA
Go to the top of the page
 
+
georgeedwards
post Jun 11 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #3

UtterAccess Enthusiast
Posts: 90
From: London



CODE
SELECT [EoD Driver Payment].Date, [EoD Driver Payment].Driver, Sum([EoD Driver Payment].DriverShare) AS SumOfDriverShare
FROM [EoD Driver Payment]
GROUP BY [EoD Driver Payment].Date, [EoD Driver Payment].Driver;


That query refers to another query (EoD Driver Payment), and that query in turn refers to a further query (EoD Summary).

I'm guessing I can't "cascade" queries like I have been? But since you see that the end result must have several Expressions, I must use several queries that are dependant on each other.

Hope that helps.
Go to the top of the page
 
+
R. Hicks
post Jun 11 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #4

UA Forum Administrator
Posts: 39,676
From: Birmingham, Alabama USA



There is a field named "date" ...
This is a Reserved Word in Access for the function Date().
This can create problems ...
You need to either change the field name .. or inclosed the illegal field name withing square brackets.

That may not be the total problem .. but it's a starting place.

RDH


--------------------
Ricky Hicks
Microsoft MVP
Birmingham, Alabama USA
Go to the top of the page
 
+
georgeedwards
post Jun 12 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #5

UtterAccess Enthusiast
Posts: 90
From: London



Thank you, I will try that and post with any developments. I did have an incling that using "Date" would cause a few skeletons to pop out of the closet later...

Woops!
Go to the top of the page
 
+
georgeedwards
post Jun 12 2007, 06:57 AM
Post #6

UtterAccess Enthusiast
Posts: 90
From: London



Update - I think it's sorted now. I simply updated the field name from "Date" to "ConDate" (as it's Consignment Date abbreviated) and I don't think it's made the error since.

It was coming up with some error previously as well saying that the "expression was too complicated to evaluate" or something or other - but I think that one's gone as well now.

Thanks for the help Ricky.
Go to the top of the page
 
+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:
 



RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:04 PM