UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Web Hosting Recommendations    

jleach
post Dec 26 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Editor

Hi,
I'm looking for a recommendation for professional web hosting solution. In the past we've used Office Live Small Business services, and have had periodic trouble with a few of the email accounts that Support couldn't seem to get straightened out. Furthermore, we have no interest in following with the transition to Office 360.
Yr />'m looking for a recommendation for professional web hosting solution. In the past we've used Office Live Small Business services, and have had periodic trouble with a few of the email accounts that Support couldn't seem to get straightened out. Furthermore, we have no interest in following with the transition to Office 360.
YOur load is pretty light... two domains, roughly 15 email addresses and about a 5mb website for each domain, but it must be highly reliable (particularly the email). Price is of secondary concern to quality.
Thanks in advance,
Go to the top of the page

+
accesshawaii
post Dec 27 2011, 07:50 AM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Jack,
would highly-recommend JustHost. I've been with them for several years and have had really no downtime at all. They have a great selection of built in tools e.g. Joomla, Wordpress, PHP, etc. They have unlimited storage, e-mail accounts (Very easy to setup with Outlook), MySQL support, etc.
Their prices are very reasonable too. I think for my yearly plan, I paid around $50.00. As far as their server performance, outstanding. I've never encountered any type of lag whatsoever on my site.

+
jleach
post Dec 27 2011, 08:01 AM
Post #3

UtterAccess Editor

From JustHost:
(this is not something I get with MS)
On a more serious note, thanks Dan. I'll give them consideration.
Cheers,

+
accesshawaii
post Dec 27 2011, 08:24 AM
Post #4

UtterAccess VIP

LOL. Yea, they're not lying either. I believe they're based in the UK. If you ever need to call them, you will actually get to talk to an actual person and will not have a ridiculous hold time. They also have e-mail support too, which is outstanding. Really surprised me on how fast they are at responding and resolving issues if need be.

+
accesshawaii
post Mar 20 2012, 06:26 AM
Post #5

UtterAccess VIP

There are alot of web hosting companies out there, that's for sure. Before I started my site, I literally spent a month researching different hosting companies. As with anything, you're going to get mixed reviews. One place might have Justhost as the best whereas others might have hostmonster or GoDaddy as the best (Actually, GoDaddy is not in the top 10 on many of the review sites, which is surprising because it's a site everyone knows about...power of advertising!). You just have to sort of weed through it. I spoke with alot SEO type people on discussion boards and the general consensus I got from was that Justhost was the preferred hosting company, so I went with them and never looked back. I've had nothing but a positive experience with them.

+
Saintor
post Mar 23 2012, 09:16 PM
Post #6

UtterAccess Enthusiast

www.parcomweb.com still gets my vote. I used them for 6 years.

+
accesshawaii
post Mar 26 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #7

UtterAccess VIP

I think as with everything in life, everyone has their own opinion on which hosting company is the best. I think for the most part though, if you stay with the web hosting companies that have been around for a little while, chances are that you will get decent web hosting or they would not have been able to stay in business for as long as they have.

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 02:25 AM