(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> accde and runtime not working    

dawatson
post Sep 16 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Addict

I've created an accde file from by database. If I run the accde, the application starts up fine.
The app starts by displaying a login form. The user then enters login info and clicks OK button on the form.
IF the login info is validated ok, then the first form is opened.
want to test the accde using the runtime switch. So I start the application like this: app.accde /runtime
The application starts up and displays the login form. After entering the login info and clicking ok, the application hangs.
It no longer responds and has to be terminated using task manager.
The login form does not have any bound controls. It also doesn't access any tables, queries, etc until after the OK button is clicked.
I've read several articles on microsoft web site that states that a accde can and should be run with the runtime command line switch. So I don't think that they are incompatiable.
Any suggestions on what is causing this problem.
Go to the top of the page

+
rsindle
post Sep 16 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

Any chance its the infamous "security" kicking in where it won't run the code until its been blessed?
Are you running the db in the same location? Is it a "Trusted" location?

+
dawatson
post Sep 17 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #3

UtterAccess Addict

The folder where the db is located is a trusted location.
nother strange occurrence with this problem. I created an installation setup using the Package Solution that is part of the developer extensions. For the required field : "File to Package", I choose an accde file. However, after creating the package and then running it to test the installation. I noticed that the db file that is installed is a accdr file. So the package automatically takes my compiled database and decompiles into a regular db file but changes the extension to accdr so it will run as a runtime db.
Why? I can't get a handle on why the package solution extension would ever do this.

+
rsindle
post Sep 17 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #4

UtterAccess VIP

I'm tapped out on this because I still haven't moved to Acc 2007 officially (only look at it when I'm forced to).
Hopefully, someone will be able to shed some light on this now that they have more details.
Rob

+
TimK
post Sep 18 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #5

UtterAccess VIP

I tried the /runtime with accde and it worked as expected. I have installed Access 2007 SP2 on Vista Business SP1. I don't installed the Runtime add-in in this machine yet. My app. is working with Oracle11. The login form showed up and worked fine when valid user account filled in.
The reason why the Runtime renames the extension to accdr is 'However, by default, the Runtime does not recognize the .accde file name extension.', mentioned in this Deploy an Access 2007 application article. It only renames the extension.

+
dawatson
post Sep 25 2009, 07:53 AM
Post #6

UtterAccess Addict

After reading the info at this link. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc751805.aspx
I will run based on the recommendation listed below.
accde This format is also known as a compiled binary file. In Office Access 2007, a compiled binary file is a database application file that has been saved with all of the VBA code compiled. No VBA source code remains in an Office Access 2007 compiled binary file. You can use Access 2007 Runtime to open an Office Access 2007 compiled binary file. However, by default, the Runtime does not recognize the .accde file name extension. To open a compiled binary file by using Access 2007 Runtime, create a shortcut that points to Access 2007 Runtime, and include the path of the compiled binary file that you want the shortcut to open.
However, I can't find the access runtime on my system.
I know it is installed. I don't mean accessruntime.exe that can be downloaded. That is the setup.
What is the folder name/exe name of access runtime after it is installed?

+
Bob_L
post Sep 25 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #7

Utterly Banned

The exe of the runtime is the exact same name as the access program itself - MSAccess.EXE
believe that there is a runtime folder created under the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ folder somewhere (can't remember off hand).

+
aly elraggal
post May 15 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #8

Dear Sir,,
It is easy to solve your problem (The application starts up and displays the login form. After entering the login info and clicking ok, the application hangs.
It no longer responds and has to be terminated using task manager)
Frist run the Microsoft Office Access 2007 Database before you create the Microsoft Office Access ACCDE Database then the frist form display show it in design mode then go to event procedure the press Debug from main menu then press compile ……
after you finish exit from design mode the save form and you create ACCDE database file
good luck

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 04:14 AM