UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> alphabetize names in combo box    

doerfohio
post Jan 11 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Addict

Is there any way to do this? My cbo box is based on a table, not a query. And I'm having a very hard time changing it and keeping everything else working.
Thanks,
Dori
Go to the top of the page

+
R. Hicks
post Jan 11 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #2

UA Forum Administrator

Use a query based on the table and convert the field value to Upper Case using the UCase() function as a field expression in the query ...
DH

+
doerfohio
post Jan 11 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #3

UtterAccess Addict

You lost me (it's not hard to do!). Are you saying that I do have to base my cbo box on the query in order to alphabetize? I do know how to do this, but when I do it, the rest of the form isn't working. The rest of the form populates based on the selection in the cbo box.
This is so frustrating! I think this whole project is done and ready to use, except for alphabetizing this list.

+
R. Hicks
post Jan 11 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #4

UA Forum Administrator

You are not confused ...
misread your question .. (I don't know where I got Upper Case from your question) ... sorry.
You still need to base the combo on a query based on the table and not the table directly.
You can then perfom any sorting you may need within this query ....
RDH

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 06:25 AM