UtterAccess Guidelines for All UsersTHE DO's:
Most important of all
: treat all other members with dignity and respect. People who answer questions at UA do so for free. Politeness and appreciation go a long way.Cookies
: are used here at UtterAccess and required for the richest experience. Please make sure that cookies are turned on in your browser. If for any reason you cannot have cookies turned on, you not get the full benefit of the UA experience.New Members
- Please know that there is gentle "probation period" for those who wish to participate in the UtterAccess community. The personal "profile" section of your account will not be available for your editing pleasure until you have made at least 20 posts. Also, note that posts made in the "Chat" and "Test" forums do not apply to this or any post count. Further, new members must have 25 posts before they can submit to any of the "Archive" or "Tutorial" forums.
The Report Button
- understand what the Report button
is BEFORE you use it. You can read about it here: Report Button HelpSearch the site
- the answer to your question may already exist.Read the Pinned Notes
- each forum usually has some messages at the top. They are there to provide directions and policies about that particular forum. These pinned notes are there to help keep the forum in the direction it is intended. Posts that violate these guidelines or the pinned forum notes are subject to deletion.Subject titles
- Make them meaningful! "Please Help" and "Urgent!!!" are inappropriate and generic and will reduce the number of people who read your post.Be specific
- When wording your questions, give all the necessary details. To ensure the assistance process goes smoothly, when making a new post, use the 'Version' dropdown
to indicate which version of Office you are working with
. (Cookies are required for the 'Version' setting.)
If appropriate, attach a sample that does not contain any sensitive data.Please turn off Caps Lock
- It is interpreted as though you're angry or yelling.Uploads
) Images and files...please keep them compacted and small - all files uploaded to UtterAccess are scanned for viruses/trojans and the like before they're made available to download by other members. NOTE 1:
When posting images, upload them - DO NOT USE AN OFF-SITE IMAGE LINK
or hosting service like photobucket or imageshack or any other - they are not permitted. NOTE 2:
When attaching non-image
files (MDB/ACCDB/etc), you MUST
"zip" them first. NOTE 3:
When attaching a zipped Access database, PLEASE
do a Repair & Compact BEFORE
For detailed instructions, see: How to Add an Attachment to a Post
The following file types may be uploaded and are limted to 2MB each:
Understand your controls
- Tour The Help Section:
' button is only there to call attention to offensive, inappropriate, or misplaced posts.Keep your posts suitable for a public form
– No material is allowed that:
(1) is likely to cause offence,
(2) has to do with copyright infringement or is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - without the express permission of the owner of such copyright
(3) contains the personal information of other people (e.g., a sample database populated with phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers, etc.).THE DON'Ts:
DO NOT USE ALL CAPS FOR YOUR USER NAME !
If you do, it will be changed to proper or lower case. Select your user name carefully - it cannot be changed later.No duplicate or cross-posting
- that means no duplicate/multiple/similar posts in the same/different forums here at UtterAccess.No post 'bumping'
- that means do not post just to bump a thread. The 'bump' post will be deleted. No spamming
- that means no unauthorized advertising - such as posting links to promote another site - instant ban
. Also see: "The legal stuff".
No duplicate accounts
- There is no purpose in having a duplicate account and will result in an instant ban of all accounts
. If you feel you should get a new account, please contact moderating team. Attempts to create accounts to circumvent moderation action may result in additional actions.No Spoofed Email Accounts
- We respect the privacy of all members of UtterAccess and will never breach the confidentiality thereof; so there is no need to worry about getting spam from UtterAccess or from registering with UtterAccess. All of your information will remain confidential. If we find an account is spoofed by email or IP, that account will immediately be banned.How to be immediately banned
- Vulgar language; profanity or attempting to bypass the bad language filter; abusive, derogatory, harassing, racist, slanderous, or threatening comments to or about any person, group or organization; links to adult-related or otherwise inappropriate material in a post
• Ignoring these guidelines.
• Post a 3rd party link on your first post.
• Discussions of "dates" is constrained around calendars, clocks and their application to Office customizations. Also see: "The legal stuff".The Legal Stuff:
You may not use the UtterAccess.com (UA) website to sell a product or service, or to increase traffic to your website for commercial reasons. The UA logo and UtterAccess.com identities are unavailable should you charge a subscription or admission fee to your website, or if income is derived from any source as a result of your website. To make commercial use of UA, contact UA. You may not, without express permission from UtterAccess.com, take the results from any web page for reformatting or display. You may not mirror UA, backup pages, or display results pages on your website. Your use of the UA website does not create a license or offer any other rights to UA. UtterAccess.com reserves the right to edit, censor, or delete any post or thread for any reason. You remain solely responsible for your content in any of your posts, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless UA with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your posts. UA does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message. All information posted at UtterAccess.com becomes the property of UtterAccess.com, and may be published by UtterAccess.com or Microsoft Corporation, without compensation. UA reserves the right to remove your Access to the forum or disable your posting ability for violating any of these guidelines. If you have any questions please send an email to UA. By using the UA website, you agree to be bound by these guidelines. UA reserves the right to revise these guidelines at any time, without notice, and you hereby agree to be bounded by any changes.