UtterAccess.com
We have detected that you are using an unsupported web browser. We recommend you to upgrade your web browser to get the most from UtterAccess forums.
Why should and how can I upgrade?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> dbFailOnError = 128    

dwAccessUser32
post Jan 24 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Veteran

I am trying to debug some code that I can't get to work. When I step through it and hover over the following line:
execute the sql statement that was just created
CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError
Specifically, over the dbFailOnError I see it equals 128. What does this mean? Does anyone know?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

+
adamsherring
post Jan 24 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #2

VIP Emeritus

Hi,
bFailOnError is a VBA constant, or a value that is always the same (128). Generally, these constants are bit values, so they can be OR'd together to produce several effects. Its just an effeciant way of passign multiple arguements in a single digit to an access function. The 'dbFailOnError' portion is done so it means something to the user calling the function. Its a lot easier to remember 'dbFailOnError' makes the function fail on error than 128. Or, conversly, it is a lot easier to say vbYesNo OR vbExclamation than 4 or 48, or 52 (that was a lucky one - OR doesnt always Add)
Hope this helps,
Adam

+
dwAccessUser32
post Jan 24 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #3

UtterAccess Veteran

Thanks for the info!

+
adamsherring
post Jan 25 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #4

VIP Emeritus

Glad I could help,
dam

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 09:06 AM