(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> disable the macro security for all users office 2007, Office 2007    

johnp
post Sep 29 2010, 08:40 AM
Post #1

UtterAccess Addict

We are upgrading most of our computers throughout the facility next week and will be going to office 2007.

We were running 2003.

I edited the registry of the 2003 version to disable the macro warning from coming up all the time for multiple users on one machine.

http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/access-20...t-t1848392.html

Is there similar code that i can add to the registry for access 2007?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+
Doug Steele
post Sep 29 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #2

UtterAccess VIP

I don't believe so. Instead, you have to ensure that the folder where the database exists is a Trusted Location.

--------------------
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/AccessIndex.html
Co-author: Access Solutions: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs, published by Wiley
Technical Editor: Access 2010 Bible, published by Wiley, Access 2013 Bible, published by Wiley.

+
johnp
post Sep 29 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #3

UtterAccess Addict

ok i tested on an office 2007 pc and it seems fairly straight forward. I trusted the folders where the FE and the BE are located. They will be using an MDE (2003 format till all of the computers are converted to 2007)

Is this specific by user? meaning if i add a trust center logged on as myself, if another user logs on, will the same folders be trusted? or do they need to add them as trust centers too?

We have multiple users logging onto the same PC and using the app. I am hoping it will be universal so each user wont need to add the trusted location.

Thanks

+
Doug Steele
post Sep 30 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #4

UtterAccess VIP

Yes, it's user specific.

--------------------
Co-author: Access Solutions: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs, published by Wiley
Technical Editor: Access 2010 Bible, published by Wiley, Access 2013 Bible, published by Wiley.

+
johnp
post Oct 13 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #5

UtterAccess Addict

So, there is no way to edit the registry to automatically disable macro warnings for office 2007?

I was able to do this for Access 2003, which worked fine.

My problem with setting the folders as trusted locations, we have maybe 20-25 different users who log onto some pcs, I dont want to have to set this for every users. The registry edit worked great as it applied to all who logged onto the PC.

Is there any code that i can add to the registry, that will set the macro warnings to low for all users?

Thanks

+
Doug Steele
post Oct 13 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #6

UtterAccess VIP

The security model for Office 2007 (and 2010) is completely different than for previous versions of Office. It now relies on Trusted Locations. The concept of setting macro warnings to low no longer applies.

See what Jeff Conrad has at Using Access 2007 Runtime, how can I create a Trusted Location if there's no UI to create it? for one way to automate the process.

--------------------

+
johnp
post Oct 13 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #7

UtterAccess Addict

Thanks Doug,
so i am guessing this needs to be done on the fly? Since Jeff mentioned 'create a script' or routine?

I cant just go to the machine and add this code to the registry, to make it apply to all users who log onto the machine?

Thanks

+
Doug Steele
post Oct 13 2010, 02:05 PM
Post #8

UtterAccess VIP

No, you can't just add the one entry to HKCU, because it only applies to the current user (who would be you in that case...). If it were that simple, don't you think the hackers would be doing it? grin.gif

Why not create a .REG file and have each user run it once his/herself?

--------------------

+
johnp
post Oct 13 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #9

UtterAccess Addict

Yeah, i guess if it were that simple... LOL laugh.gif

Thanks I might do the .REG file, or might just make up a quick cheat sheet to show the users how to 'trust'

Thanks!! I'm pretty new to Access 2007, but am taking 3 2 day classes in the next few months. I am sure they will help. thumbup.gif

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:21 AM