UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error Number 2950    

Lagerca
post Jan 21 2009, 03:34 PM
Post#1

Just today (1/21/09) we had Access2007 installed and I have a few 2950 Errors relating to forms/macros. Prior to Access 2007, this problem did not exist. With Access2007, I have the same issue in both of the same databases, one left in Access2003 and the same one converted to Access2007; both are with the split FE db. I thought to address one of my 2950 errors hoping to get a viable solution and then try to work the other 2950’s by this trial/error process. The db’s reside in a trusted location and I have conducted a Compact/Repair for each.
On my main form, I have a cmdbutton to open “frmSelect Ind for Appt” via Macro Name: mcrOpen frmAppointment Data; Condition: True; Action Name: OpenForm; Arguments: frmAppointment Data, Form, [Forms]![frmSelect Ind for Appt]![cboSSN], ,Edit, Normal. The “frmSelect Ind for Appt” opens appropriately with the correct Individual’s name displayed in the pull-down menu. However when I press the “Select” cmdbutton on this form, the Action Failed dialog box appears with the components of the macro as above, along with Error Number 2950. After I press the “Stop All Macros” the only possible selection, the form appears with the name to be selected, along with another dialog box: “The Access database engine could not find the object ‘I’. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and path name correctly.” If I continue the Microsoft Access dialog box appears: Property not found.
The On Click properties of the “Select” cmdbutton with the Name: cmdSelectIndAppt ; displays the coding below; 4 items are displayed. The goal: once the “Select” cmdbutton is pressed, it is supposed to open “frmAppointment Data” via “qryAppointment Data”. The macro and form names are spelled correctly. Note: the [Forms]![frmSelect Ind for Appt]![cboSSN], is listed in the Filter Name property of the macro.
Going through UA search for Error 2950, several links suggests to download “Fix 2950 Errors" products; I’m not sure if this is the correct route to go. I am wondering if there is a possible in-house solution to this and/or is this is a recurring error for Access 2007?
Option Compare Database
Private Sub cboName_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
End Sub
Private Sub cboAddressID_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
End Sub
Private Sub cmdSelect_Individual_Click()
End Sub
Private Sub cmdSelectIndAppt _Click()
On Error GoTo Err_cmdSelectIndAppt_Click
Dim stDocName As String
stDocName = "mcrOpen frmAppointment Data"
DoCmd.RunMacro stDocName
Exit_cmdSelectIndAppt_Click:
Exit Sub
Err_cmdSelectIndAppt_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_cmdSelectIndAppt_Click
End Sub
Go to the top of the page

glue
post Jan 21 2009, 04:13 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

First off, please don't buy anything. Those folks don't need any more encouragement...
Can you open the query from the navigation pane? How about the form?
What if you replace the DoCmd.RunMacro line with a
DoCmd.OpenForm?
Also according to the Access Help file the 'Filter Name' is supposed to be the name of a query in the database, not a control on a form... I always use the Where argument instead. Find the name of the SSN field in the qryAppointment Data. Assuming it's SSN and it's a text field, the OpenForm command looks like this:
Docmd.OpenForm "frmAppointment Data", acNormal, , "SSN = '" & Forms![frmSelect Ind for Appt]!cboSSN & "'"
Another search leads me here . I bet you're running Vista... MS is so funny sometimes...and by funny...
good luck!

Lagerca
post Mar 17 2009, 11:37 AM
Post#3

First, I apologize for not responding earlier; I am just getting to fix the database in question, and I thank you for the response. I thought it would be harder than it was and of course it was a very simple mistake. In my macro "mcrOpen frmAppointment Data" the following was in my Filter Name, which as you mentioned. I cut paste the same into the Where Condition of the same macro and there's no problem when selecting my individual. Prior to Access 2007 it worked; however things do change! Thanks again for your professionalism!
Forms]![frmSelect Ind for Appt]![cboSSN]

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th June 2019 - 11:29 AM