(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> gridlines in a listbox..    

bgriffin_tpa
post Apr 25 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #1

UtterAccess Enthusiast

Well, I did my homework before asking..searched on "gridline"..heres the results:

http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat...1808756&Zp=

I want to add gridlines to a listbox to give the look/feel of an excel sheet..
set gridcolor,style, width..no good..no change..using Access2007..XP Pro..

Any assistance is appreciated... cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+
GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 25 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #2

UA Admin

Welcome to Utter Access.

First, let's get the joke out of the way. Why on earth would you want to make a list box look like an Excel sheet? (I feel better, anyway.)

Second, a listbox is a control on a form and it has the properties defined for it in the tool. If they don't include creating gridlines, then you don't have the option to do that.

I've never actually tried to set this property before and it doesn't seem to be effective in my test accdb. I'll keep checking and let you know if I turn anything up.

--------------------

+
BananaRepublic
post Apr 25 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #3

admin * me = NULL;

George is correct that listbox control doesn't support gridlines.

However two things come to mind:

1) Why not just use a continuous subform. If you fill up the detail section with textboxes or color the textboxes/background alike and adjust the borders and the like, you can make it appear to have the gridlines, along other things.

2) Why not use a datasheet subform which already has gridlines built-in and would be literally a flick of a button to get the appearance. (Of course if you want coloring, style, etc., then it's back to #1)

Good luck.

--------------------
Using Access BE over WAN is like running to your city library, ripping out pages from a book, running back home and scribble notes on it then run back and glue the pages back into the book in the library, all during a rush hour full of drunk drivers in middle of a horrible thunderstorm, and hoping nobody else has ripped out the pages you wanted.

+
datAdrenaline
post Apr 25 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #4

UtterAccess Editor

...Or ... use the ActiveX ListView control or I think DataGrid also ships with the Office apps.

--------------------
Brent Spaulding | datAdrenaline | Access MVP
It's all very well to tell us to forgive our enemies; our enemies can never hurt us very much. But oh, what about forgiving our friends? - Willa Cather; As always - Pay it Forward!

+
bgriffin_tpa
post Apr 28 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #5

UtterAccess Enthusiast

I have a listbox with columns that have considerable whitespace (blanks) between them that make for the considerable possibility of "losing the row" as the eye scans across..lines would be a big help.

Thnaks for helping.. cool.gif

+
bgriffin_tpa
post Apr 28 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #6

UtterAccess Enthusiast

A good idea..I thought of that ..the listbox has the rowsource set to a SQL statement involving a UNION..dont see how to use a subform to do that..but I'll try again..

Thanks.. cool.gif

+
bgriffin_tpa
post Apr 28 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #7

UtterAccess Enthusiast

I have office 2007 and I dont see it in the list of ActiveX controls when I click ActiveX in the toolbox..since I might have to distribute the app to co-workers..all will have office 2007 tho..

Thanks... cool.gif

+
datAdrenaline
post Apr 28 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #8

UtterAccess Editor

The ListView activeX control can be found here ...

Open a form in Design View, the follow the ribbon tab path...

Form Design Tools (context tab) > Design (tab) > Controls (group) > ActiveX Controls (button)

A dialog box pops up ... look in the list for "Microsoft ListView Control 6.0 SP6", select it ... then click OK ...

To learn out to work with a ListView ... check out ...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6dwb14tw.aspx

But I will say that creating a fomr, setting its default view to datasheet, then useing that form as the Source Object of a sub-form control, is a LOT more "natural" and faster to implement.

--------------------
Brent Spaulding | datAdrenaline | Access MVP
It's all very well to tell us to forgive our enemies; our enemies can never hurt us very much. But oh, what about forgiving our friends? - Willa Cather; As always - Pay it Forward!

+

Thank you for your support! Reply to this topicStart new topic

Jump To Forum:

RSS Search  ·  Go to Top  ·  Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:07 PM