Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

UtterAccess Forums _ UtterAccess.com News _ Access 2016 Runtime, Access 2016 Image Fix Released

Posted by: GroverParkGeorge Dec 8 2015, 04:50 PM

Good news and more good news.

We just received word that Microsoft has released the fix for the Image problem in Access 2016 where some images failed to render.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114379 if you haven't received it via Windows Updates.

Please note the Click-to-run update might have a bit more delay since this just went live minutes ago but feel free to try.

If anyone wants to try these updates on your Access 2016 installs please let us know the results.

Also.

You can find the download for https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50040.

Please note that this release is only a couple of hours old as of this point, so download and install it with the appropriate caution, in a development environment where you can test it before deploying.

George Hepworth
UA Admin Team

Posted by: SheriDi Dec 13 2015, 02:37 PM

The fix worked for me on Windows 8.

Posted by: RiverKing Dec 18 2015, 01:37 AM

I just logged on to UtterAccess tonight to let everyone know that the image problem appears to have been fixed. Seems I'm over a week late. My excuse is that the machine I use for 90% of my Access work still has 2013 on it; the problem with rendering images is the main reason that machine hasn't been updated. Working a little on this machine today (the other 10%), I didn't really notice. It finally occurred to me in the shower that I had not seen gaping blank spots where there should have been an image. As soon as I got out of the shower, I lit up this machine again to check and voila!

The nicest part is that I'm going to have to take your word for this problem being fixed on 12/8. I obviously applied some maintenance after that date but I have no idea when. If I had the KB number, I could find out but it really isn't that important.

Thank you, Microsoft!

Posted by: DougY Dec 21 2015, 12:54 PM

Chuck,

George's post has a link to the KB article:

QUOTE
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114379, if you haven't received it via Windows Updates.

Posted by: Wedge Dec 29 2015, 05:19 PM

Access 2016 runtime! Yayyy! Not too long after all. smile.gif

Posted by: Wedge Mar 15 2016, 09:39 AM

Rather annoyingly this is STILL broken in the runtime (as of 15/3/16). Works in full 2016 but not when you use the latest runtime. The KB update doesn't work with the runtime either - complains that the software it fixes is not installed.

Posted by: Wedge Mar 29 2016, 08:16 AM

I have fixed this issue here - http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2035627&hl=