UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Event To Identify When A Datasheet Record Has Been Clicked, Access 2003    

whdyck
post Jan 11 2018, 03:54 PM
Post#1

On a given form, I need Access to track the most recent datasheet-view subform that was clicked by the user. So if the user clicks anywhere on sub1, I'd want Access to store a reference to that subform in a main-form variable.

I tried the subform's clicked event, but that doesn't seem to be what I need: if I click on any of the subform's records, the subform's Click event does not fire.

Is there an event that I can use for this?

Thanks.

Wayne
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Jan 11 2018, 04:17 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

Wayne,

You might want to try the On Got Focus. This might be doubly useful if the subform control is a tab stop (i.e. the user can move the cursor to the form without clicking on it).

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

whdyck
post Jan 11 2018, 04:47 PM
Post#3

Thanks, Dennis.

I thought about that, but I think Got Focus fires in other cases that I don't want to track.

Wayne

doctor9
post Jan 11 2018, 04:49 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess Editor

Wayne,

It might help to understand what you're trying to accomplish. Do you literally want to know when a user just CLICKS on the subform? Or do you want to know when the user alters a record in some way? What are you trying to track, exactly?

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th January 2018 - 11:00 PM