UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Form Where Calculations Or Formula Are Edited, Access 2016    

Scooter1
post Jan 11 2018, 07:49 PM
Post#1

UA,
Can someone give me a sample on how to create a form where I can change say the discount rate and it will affect all records instead of individually editing each records? What I want is a main form where I can manipulate the calculations and it will affect all records. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you.

Go to the top of the page

projecttoday
post Jan 11 2018, 09:31 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

See the attached. Open form frmRecords.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  UpdateRecordsDB.zip ( 27.69K )Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
Robert Crouser

My company's website

RJD
post Jan 11 2018, 09:35 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Scooter: Are you saying that the rate is the same in all records? And that you want a mass change to all records?

Usually, rates are stored in individual records when they are potentially different from record to record, perhaps date to date - if they are stored there at all. Often a rate table is used, with a reference to some rate code and date range, then the results (something applied against the rate) are calculated when needed for display purposes (forms or reports). That is, unless perhaps the rate needs to be stored for historical purposes where no other method seems appropriate. (I have stored a rate at record level in some specific cases.)

We can certainly give you a procedure to mass change a rate in all records (or by some code or date in the records), but could you first clarify how you are storing the rates, what record group (all, by code, etc.) and what you are doing with them. I detect a possible design situation with which we might be able to assist you instead. Perhaps a design change will allow you to store rates in a rate table, and a change there would affect all calculated results from then on, with no mass record changes.

More information, please.

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Scooter1
post Jan 12 2018, 06:48 PM
Post#4

ProjectTtoday and RJD thank you both...this fixes my problem.

projecttoday
post Jan 12 2018, 07:45 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

thumbup.gif

--------------------
Robert Crouser

My company's website

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd June 2018 - 12:16 PM