UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comments Or Notes System Table, Access 2013    

Sweetu
post Feb 16 2017, 03:59 PM
Post#1

How can we create a comment or notes system table that insert automatically new line of textbox/field if one is old day...

Like if we have employe "jhon"
He make note on 1st February "no vacancies for school " than he wants to add new comment or notes on 3rd February "one vacancy is available".

But another employee "Stevan" added on same record on 3rd February at 4pm "now two vacancies are available"

This note system should be for another table like "vacancies"

This vacancies table fields are as
ProID (PK)
profession
Qualifications
Duration

Now if we want to make/create comments system to maintain on profession...

What would be the possibilities to do so ?
Go to the top of the page

ranman256
post Feb 16 2017, 05:03 PM
Post#2

add a memo field to the table?

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 16 2017, 07:06 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

Actually, in Access 2013 and newer, it's no longer called a Memo field. It's now called Long Text. It has a property called Append Only, which should allow you to handle the multiple line entries as described.

Attached File  2017_02_16_16_04_33.jpg ( 122.96K )Number of downloads: 1

--------------------

Sweetu
post Feb 17 2017, 12:12 AM
Post#4

Maybe I asked in wrong way...

I'm not asking for long text/field format...

I want to create notes/comments system...

As like incrementally new row for only one profession...

How we will join this to vacancies table?
Should I've to add tblProfessionNotes

NoteID (PK)
Profession
Notes

Than relationship between "tblProfessionNotes" & "tblVacancies" profession fields?

The issue is subform that I'll create on main vacancies form...tovget same profession notes

RJD
post Feb 17 2017, 12:42 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: PMFJI, but here is a small, quick demo that has a subform of notes for professions. It uses some dummy data in your design, but substitutes the ProID instead of the profession in the notes table as the FK.

See if this is what you are trying to accomplish. If not, you can guide us from there ...

HTH
Joe
Attached File(s)
Attached File  CommentsOrNotes.zip ( 23.31K )Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 17 2017, 01:03 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

Sorry, I did misinterpret your question. Let me try again.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you are tracking in this database. Is it about school staffing? If so, there are some missing pieces so far.

How many schools are involved?

Are vacancies based on a budgeted staffing level? If so, do you have a list of professions and number of available positions for each profession at each school?

A vacancy would, as I understand it, be based on an unfilled position which is available for a specific profession. Let's say, for example, School A has 10 positions for Math teachers. That's how many math teachers are needed to staff all classes being offered at School A for the current school term. And further, your current staff includes 9 Math teachers. A simple query tells you that there is one vacant position at the time the query is run. Noone needs to write an additional note saying the same thing.

Again, if I'm on the right track, there is no real need for this "notes" table in the way you describe it. Other tables would carry information about available positions, people in those positions, and any unfilled positions. So a query that returns a list of unfilled positions would, in fact, tell you how many vacancies exist at any given point in time, without need for a separate table with just that same information.

What good would it do you to know, for example, that on February 1st all available positions were filled? Today is the 15th of February, so the relevant information is the number of unfilled positions today, not back on the 1st. A query will tell you that. If someone opens your database today to look at staff and vacancies, don't they want to see the numbers as of today, not as of two weeks in the past?
This post has been edited by GroverParkGeorge: Feb 17 2017, 01:04 AM

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 17 2017, 01:53 AM
Post#7

UA Admin

Although I don't have the full picture of your requirements, I can make some educated guesses about how it could be, or should be set up.

Here's a simple demo of what I am talking about. Note that the important thing is the use of queries to reveal vacancies, with no redundant notes fields needed.

Attached File  ProfessionalVacancies.zip ( 27.38K )Number of downloads: 3

Please tell me how well this concept captures what you are trying to accomplish.

Obviously, it could be quite different from your needs, but I'm trying to fill in the gaps of the description with what I would normally expect to encounter in a school staffing application.

--------------------

Sweetu
post Feb 17 2017, 02:00 AM
Post#8

Thanks for your reply and needful suggestions...
I'll try with you guys input and came back again if I couldn't do so...

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th February 2017 - 04:02 AM