UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VBA Between Query, Any Version    

mrdrjay
post May 19 2017, 05:13 AM
Post#1

Hello All,

Have a current issue and wanted your assistance with the following code:
CODE
"HAVING ((([TEAM LIST].[Required Date]) Between = '" & "[Forms]![LST_INDV]![Begin-Date]" And "[Forms]![LST_INDV]![End-Date]" & "'"") AND (([TEAM LIST].Received)<>-1));"
as when ran I get a Run Time Error 13 Code Type Mismatch error. How ever When I use the the between '#date#' and '#date#' it works. Request you assistance as I am not sure when the syntax error is. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

bouncee
post May 19 2017, 06:29 AM
Post#2

You say it works when you use '#', so use that instead!

You also shouldn't have '=' after 'between'.

orange999
post May 19 2017, 06:43 AM
Post#3

I agree with bouncee. See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Be...31-999432ae8223

--------------------
Good luck with your project!

mrdrjay
post May 19 2017, 03:35 PM
Post#4

Thanks for the update.

When I use
CODE
"HAVING ((([TEAM LIST].[Required Date]) Between [Forms]![LST_INDV]![Begin-Date] And [forms]![LST_INDV]![End-Date]) AND (([TEAM LIST].Received)<>-1));"
I get a Run-Time error '3061' Too few parameters. Expected 2. Request you assistance as will like to use the forms to pull dates. However when I use static dates like
CODE
"HAVING ((([TEAM LIST].[Required Date]) Between ""2016-11"" And ""2017-05"") AND (([TEAM LIST].Received)<>-1));"
it works. Thanks

mrdrjay
post May 19 2017, 03:35 PM
Post#5

Thanks for the update.

When I use
CODE
"HAVING ((([TEAM LIST].[Required Date]) Between [Forms]![LST_INDV]![Begin-Date] And [forms]![LST_INDV]![End-Date]) AND (([TEAM LIST].Received)<>-1));"
I get a Run-Time error '3061' Too few parameters. Expected 2. Request you assistance as will like to use the forms to pull dates. However when I use static dates like
CODE
"HAVING ((([TEAM LIST].[Required Date]) Between ""2016-11"" And ""2017-05"") AND (([TEAM LIST].Received)<>-1));"
it works. Thanks

cheekybuddha
post May 20 2017, 05:43 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

Hi mrdrjay,

A few questions:

1. Is this an aggregate query (contains a GROUP BY clause)?

2. What datatype is field [Required Date] in table [TEAM LIST]?

3. What exactly do you normally type in [Forms]![LST_INDV]![Begin-Date] and [forms]![LST_INDV]![End-Date]? Do you ever leave either of the controls empty?

4. Please post the whole SQL of the query.

tia,

d

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

mrdrjay
post May 20 2017, 06:59 AM
Post#7

Hi Cheekybuddha,

Please see the following:

1. Is this an aggregate query (contains a GROUP BY clause)? No

2. What datatype is field [Required Date] in table [TEAM LIST]? It contains YYYY-MM dates and is a text field.

3. What exactly do you normally type in [Forms]![LST_INDV]![Begin-Date] and [forms]![LST_INDV]![End-Date]? Those are fields that holds dates.

4. Please post the whole SQL of the query:
CODE
"SELECT [TEAM LIST].PLACE, [TEAM LIST].[TITLE], [TEAM LIST].Name, [TEAM LIST].[Required Date], [TEAM LIST].Reason, [Training_Update(Update)].[Email Address], Information.LEAD, Information.SEC_LEAD, Information.[ENG_LEAD(P)], Information.[ENG_LEAD(A)], Information.[UCC(P)], Information.[UCC(A)], Information.[LEAD-Email_Address(H)], Information.[SEC_LEAD-Email_Address(H)], Information.[ENG_LEAD-Email_Address(H)-P], Information.[ENG_LEAD-Email_Address(H)-A], Information.[UCC-Email_Address(H)-P], Information.[UCC-Email_Address(H)-A], [TEAM LIST].Received " & vbCrLf & _
"FROM Information RIGHT JOIN ([Training_Update(Update)] INNER JOIN [TEAM LIST] ON [Training_Update(Update)].Name = [TEAM LIST].Name) ON Information.[(R)PLACE] = [Training_Update(Update)].PLACE " & vbCrLf & _
"GROUP BY [TEAM LIST].PLACE, [TEAM LIST].[TITLE], [TEAM LIST].Name, [TEAM LIST].[Required Date], [TEAM LIST].Reason, [Training_Update(Update)].[Email Address], Information.LEAD, Information.SEC_LEAD, Information.[ENG_LEAD(P)], Information.[ENG_LEAD(A)], Information.[UCC(P)], Information.[UCC(A)], Information.[LEAD-Email_Address(H)], Information.[SEC_LEAD-Email_Address(H)], Information.[ENG_LEAD-Email_Address(H)-P], Information.[ENG_LEAD-Email_Address(H)-A], Information.[UCC-Email_Address(H)-P], Information.[UCC-Email_Address(H)-A], [TEAM LIST].Received " & vbCrLf & _
"HAVING ((([TEAM LIST].[Required Date]) Between [FORMS]![LST_INDV]![Begin-Date] And [forms]![LST_INDV]![End-Date]) AND (([TEAM LIST].Received)<>-1));"

cheekybuddha
post May 20 2017, 08:17 AM
Post#8

UtterAccess VIP

OK, more follow-up questions:

OK, You use a 'HAVING' clause in your query - these are only used for aggregate queries. Really, you should use 'WHERE'. We can deal with that later.
*** EDIT *** Just studied your SQL more closely, and it is an aggregate query, though I'm not sure why!

2. What datatype is field [Required Date] in table [TEAM LIST]? It contains YYYY-MM dates and is a text field.
Just to confirm, this field is defined as 'TEXT' datatype in the table, and just contains strings formatted in YYYY-MM? It is not a Date datatype? Or is it a Date datatype simply formatted as YYYY-MM?

3. What exactly do you normally type in [Forms]![LST_INDV]![Begin-Date] and [forms]![LST_INDV]![End-Date]? Those are fields that holds dates.
Are these fields bound to a table? If so, are they Date datatype? Do they contain complete dates with the day portion, or are they in YYYY-MM format.
If the controls are not bound to table fields then do you just type in YYYY-MM free text? If so, do you ever leave either of these fields empty?

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

mrdrjay
post May 20 2017, 06:52 PM
Post#9

I have modified so it will have
CODE
"WHERE ((([TEAM LIST].[Required Date]) Between [FORMS]![LST_INDV]![Begin-Date] And [forms]![LST_INDV]![End-Date]) AND (([TEAM LIST].Received)<>-1)) " & vbCrLf & _

OK, You use a 'HAVING' clause in your query - these are only used for aggregate queries. Really, you should use 'WHERE'. We can deal with that later.
*** EDIT *** Just studied your SQL more closely, and it is an aggregate query, though I'm not sure why!

Modified it to have the WHERE Clause.

Just to confirm, this field is defined as 'TEXT' datatype in the table, and just contains strings formatted in YYYY-MM? It is not a Date datatype? Or is it a Date datatype simply formatted as YYYY-MM?

I change the [Required Date] field in the Table to a date field which put the dates from 2017-01 to 2017-01-01 and on the form to choose the between dates I change it from a textbox to a combo box and selected the distinct dates both in [Begin-Date] and [End-Date]. The is no format option for example Medium, short dates so I put @. In addition I select dates in both fields to give me my pool of records.

Thanks

Mr Drjay

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd November 2017 - 09:52 AM