UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows Task Scheduler (win 7)    

dflak
post Oct 8 2018, 12:08 PM
Post#1

Utter Access VIP

I have a task that runs successfully with this passed as the program: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE"
and this passed as the argument: "C:\Users\dflak\Scripts\Mail Alert.xlsm"

The program works fine and when it is done it shuts down and goes away. The issue is that if there is another workbook open, it also tries to shut it down as well. And this is because this program and the other program are opened in the same instance of excel.

So I want to run the Excel executable in a separate instance using the -x option. Where do I put the -x?

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

ADezii
post Oct 8 2018, 01:05 PM
Post#2

I believe the syntax would be:
CODE
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE" /x "C:\Users\dflak\Scripts\Mail Alert.xlsm"

This post has been edited by ADezii: Oct 8 2018, 01:06 PM

dflak
post Oct 9 2018, 07:40 AM
Post#3

Utter Access VIP

I made a shortcut with the correct incantation and I call that from the task scheduler. It seems to work. Today will be my first full run and I'll see how it works.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th October 2018 - 01:09 AM