UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error In Loading Dll - Windows 10 & Access 2010, Access 2010    

MrJingles
post May 17 2017, 05:24 AM
Post#1

Hi, It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I am hoping someone can help me.

I've an issue that is normally easy to fix but I am stumped. Here's the situation:

I have a database designed in Access 2007 on a Windows 7 PC. The actual database is ran from a PC running Windows 7 & Access 2010. There is a lot of Excel integration in the Access VBA (Opening templates, populating them with data from the database, formatting them and then saving them).

When I copy the database from the development PC to the production PC and run it, everything runs perfectly. All the VBA References are updated to point to the correct versions of Excel and Office (from 12 to 14).

Here is my issue: When I copy the database to a new PC I've setup running Windows 10 & Access 2010 the database will not function!

Every time the VBA script references Excel (typically using 'Set objApp = New Excel.Application') the VBA code fails with an error stating "Error in loading DLL".

I have checked all references in the VBA window and none of them are missing. I've also attempted to re-register all the DLL files referenced and all were successful (apart from mso.dll which I believe is normal).

Here's my list of references in VBA:
VBA - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\VBA\VBA7\VBE7.DLL
Access - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSACC.OLB
stdole - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\stdole2.tlb
DAO - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\ACEDAO.DLL
VBIDE - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6EXT.OLB
Office - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\MSO.DLL
Excel - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.EXE

I'm now at a complete loss, and I'm wondering if this is a Windows 10 issue. As mentioned, the database works perfectly on Windows 7 & Access 2010.

Does anyone have additional ideas to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance! Paddy

Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post May 17 2017, 06:50 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Is Excel actually installed on that computer?

Is it actually Excel 2010 as well?

Perhaps a repair or even a reinstall of Office in needed.

--------------------

Doug Steele
post May 17 2017, 06:56 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

In addition to what George asks, consider switching your application to Late Binding, so that you don't need to set references to explicit versions of other products.

Since you've already got the code working, it should be relatively straight-forward to do the change.

--------------------

MrJingles
post May 17 2017, 07:29 AM
Post#4

Hi, Thanks for the follow ups.

Just to confirm, Excel is definitely installed on the PC and all office versions are 2010. Office has been repaired on the PC but I've not tried re-installing it yet.

I've also been reviewing the late binding options. Perhaps this is the way forward for me, but I'm always keen to identify exactly what is causing the issue, and I must admit I'm stumped.

I'll keep troubleshooting in the meantime and if anyone else has any ideas, that would be great!

Thanks, Paddy

MrJingles
post May 17 2017, 11:40 AM
Post#5

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that it took about 2 minutes to change the code to the late binding options and the database is now performing perfectly.

Thanks very much for your help!!!

Doug Steele
post May 17 2017, 03:10 PM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

Glad to hear you've got it working. thumbup.gif

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th November 2017 - 10:31 AM