UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disappearing Vertical Scrollbar: Ie 11 Win 7 64, Any Versions    

dmhzx
post Feb 22 2015, 10:05 AM
Post#1

Sometimes I feel as though there is a department at MS whose sole job is to irritate users.
I recently bought a new laptop. It has win 7 /64 and IE11.
On some websites, but not all - and not UA, the vertical scroll bar just vanishes after a couple of seconds.

Now it is (sorry was) quite normal for me on a long site, to leave the mouse on one of the arrows, and click as and when needed.
But when the scroll bar vanishes, I have to move the mouse AWAY from the right position, and then back again in order to click on where it was.

I can find loads of people with the same problem, but so far no solutions, as far as I can tell.

It seems to have been a deliberate design decision.

Here is an extract from an official Microsoft Forum:

It might be annoying that the scroll bar keeps disappearing on webpages.
It is a design issue of Modern User Interface

and here's what OP said

I would hardly describe this as a resolution to the problem and no it does not help!

That was in November 2012.
Do any of you know if there is a fix for this? It's making me very angry indeed. I think I might move to firefox.
This post has been edited by dmhzx: Feb 22 2015, 10:06 AM
Go to the top of the page

dmhzx
post Mar 1 2015, 05:27 AM
Post#2

Although nobody answered, I though I'd post what seems to be a workaround for this issue.
When you find a website like this
Click
Tools
Compatibility and
Add.

IE 11 doesn't actually mention anywhere what compatibility is supposed to be compatible WITH, but it does fix the problem, and as far as I know, only needs to be done once with each and every website that shows the problem.

Posted in case anyone else gets irritated by this new 'feature of the modern interface'
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st October 2017 - 01:39 AM