UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creating Dataset From Multiple "entities", SQL Server 2008 R2    

beanhasemail
post Sep 30 2016, 02:13 PM
Post#1

I am muddling around in MSSR builder and have figured out how to make multiple reports, but I can't figure out how to make a report that pulls fields from multiple 'entities'. I choose the schema I want to pull data from and then am shown all the available entities and their fields, but as soon as I select a single field from an entity the rest of the entities disappear. I hope that this is a relatively easy fix that I am just missing, because I feel like am picking more up from experimenting than I have trying to read on this. Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Thank You.
Go to the top of the page

MadPiet
post Oct 20 2016, 02:50 PM
Post#2

Not sure I'm following what you're doing. Are you using SSRS to build your reports or Report Builder? Since I have SQL Server and the dev tools on my laptop, and I'm the administrator, I can just create stored procedures in Mgmt Studio and then consume them in SSRS... just point to a stored procedure that returns the data I want to use as the basis of my report, and I'm most of the way there.

How much are you allowed to do inside the database? If the stored procedures to return all the data are already written for you, you can right-click on the DataSets folder and choose Add Dataset, and then select "use a dataset embedded in my report", choose your database, and finally select the stored procedure that returns the data you need.

If there is no query/stored procedure that returns the data you want, you can click the Query Designer button and build one yourself.

beanhasemail
post Oct 28 2016, 11:03 AM
Post#3

Thank you for your response. I was having an issue with the permission levels that I was given. Once this was cleared up I was able to actively make changes and additions. Thank you.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st November 2017 - 05:14 AM