UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Invoicing Template, Access 2013    

SomekindaVB
post Jan 10 2017, 04:39 PM
Post#1

Hi all.

Before I go ahead and build something from scratch, I am looking for a general Access template for a tutor, and wonder if anybody can offer a suggestion.

The database would track students who make use of the tutors time for an hour. The student pays for hourly lessons. The database would also have a general invoicing component that invoices the student either for the term or for individual lessons.

I'm not charging the tutor to build this little tool so am generally looking for a free solution. I know there are plenty of templates out there but just wondering if anybody can offer some thoughts or advice

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Jan 10 2017, 05:03 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

SomekindaVB,

This is pretty straightforward, so you might want to just look at the Northwinds database that comes with Access. Otherwise, I'd personally recommend just building it from scratch, because it really doesn't require much effort.

tblStudents
StudentID [Autonumber, Primary Key]
strFirstName
strLastName
strAddress
strCity
strState
strZip

tblLessons
LessonID [Autonumber, Primary Key]
lngStudentID [Foreign Key to tblStudents.StudentID]
strLessonSubject
dteLessonDateTime

tblInvoices
InvoiceID [Autonumber, Primary Key]
dteInvoiceDate
lngStudentID [Foreign Key to tblStudents.StudentID]

tblInvoiceCharges
InvoiceChargeID [Autonumber, Primary Key]
lngInvoiceID [Foreign Key to tblInvoices.InvoiceID]
lngLessonID [Foreign Key to tblLessons.LessonID]

That's really about it. For each lesson, add a record to the tblLessons table. For invoices, you'd add which lessons the invoice is charging for individually.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th July 2017 - 05:32 AM