UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Peter Hibbs Calendar Form Code, Access 2016    

brastedhouse
post Mar 13 2018, 06:54 AM
Post#1

Good morning,

I just came upon the calendar form database posted by Peter Hibbs several years ago. It has the exact look I am searching for. However, I want to integrate it into an existing database that, in part, tracks the date and time of 911 calls. I would love to use the monthly calendar form to visually present the calls data. Does anyone have any experience with changing the data source for the calendar? I have a table that has the date of each call and the time is a FK to a table that lists 10 separate time events for the 911 call. I would use only the dispatch time in the calendar. I have been reading through the code and looking at the tables and it is overwhelming. Wow!

Any thoughts are appreciated. Best, Scott
Go to the top of the page

zaxbat
post Mar 17 2018, 07:01 AM
Post#2

The calendar you refer to is no more than a form of textboxes set in a typical calendar styled grid. You can programatically create such a form on the fly and put anything in those boxes that you choose. And this will give you complete control over everything and not left wondering what this third party calendar will do when the users does such and such....

--------------------
Kindest regards, and Cheers!
ZAX

A picture is worth a thousand words and a zipped DB is worth a thousand pictures.
Oh, and....please don't disappear into the Twilight Zone.... Holler back with your results!

Peter Hibbs
post Mar 17 2018, 11:25 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Scott,

Trying to incorporate fairly complex forms and tables into an established database is never going to be easy, I have had some experience like this with other developers and it can be a very complicated operation. If you don't actually need the Weekly and Daily modes (and probably not the facility to add, edit or delete appointments if you are just using it to display data) then I tend to agree with zaxbat in that it may be easier to just write your own system. You could, perhaps, use some ideas from my demo which may save you some time as creating calendar type forms are always tricky because of the different layout required for each month of the year. Also, it may be easier to use a 'Single' type form (rather than the 'Continuous' type forms that I used) if you are only showing one month at a time on screen. I believe there are some examples of this in the UA Archive that you might be able to adapt.

Hopefully I haven't discouraged you from trying to do this yourself but good luck with your project anyway and let us know how you get on.

Peter Hibbs.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th September 2018 - 04:04 AM