UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Must I Use Rgb To Assign A Conditional Formatting Rule With VBA?, Office 2013    

doctor9
post Mar 13 2018, 09:42 AM
Post#1

UtterAccess Editor

NOTE: Office 2016, not 2013.

I'm using Automation to create an Excel file from within a database. I'm putting the final bit of polish on it at this point. I'm creating a Conditional Formatting rule, and I seem to be required to use RGB for this bit:

CODE
    With ws.Cells(intRow, intVerificationCol + intElvaloyCount + 1).FormatConditions.Add(xlExpression, _
                Formula1:="=ABS(" & ColLet(intVerificationCol + intElvaloyCount + 1) & intRow & "/E" & intRow & ")>0.005")
        .Interior.Color = RGB(250, 128, 114) 'Dusty rose - can't seem to use 16777215 in this context for some reason
        .StopIfTrue = False
    End With
\x00

This doesn't throw an error, but the Conditional Formatting rule comes out just formatting the cell with a white background, which is indistinguishable from no background.
CODE
        .Interior.Color = 16777215

This throws a Subscript out of range (9) error:
CODE
        .Interior.ColorIndex = 16777215

The only reason I ask is because I like to manually color a cell, then use the Immediate Window to see the interior color number value, and that doesn't return the RGB values.

Don't we have some sort of utility where you can enter the long integer value and get back the RGB values? (The ones I'm using above are close, but not exact.)

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions
Go to the top of the page

Doug Steele
post Mar 13 2018, 10:31 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

If you look at the Immediate Window, you'll see that the RGB function doesn't return the value you're using:

CODE
?RGB(250, 128, 114)

--------------------

cheekybuddha
post Mar 13 2018, 10:33 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Here are some useful functions you can keep in a module, Dennis.

It's really annoying how MS introduced this half-baked functionality - just a couple of built-in functions to go from one type to the other would have been all that was required. frown.gif

Edit:
Oops! Adding the link might be helpful!

d

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

doctor9
post Mar 13 2018, 01:04 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess Editor

Doug,

Yeah, I ended up having to eyeball the color by looking at the color pallete as I adjusted stuff. I meant to include a note about how I know they don't match perfectly. Bottom line was that I didn't want it to be <Screaming Sam Kinison voice>REDDDDDD!!</sskv>

David,

Thanks for the link! I'm just sure that someone posted a demo to the Code Archive where you could enter the Long Integer value and see the RGB equivalent (among other things), but that linked code will do!

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

dflak
post Mar 13 2018, 02:37 PM
Post#5

Utter Access VIP

This is what I use
CODE
R = IColor Mod 256
G = IColor \ 256 Mod 256
B = IColor \ 65536 Mod 256

Where IColor is the interior color of the cell.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th June 2018 - 09:50 PM