UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Graphing Problems, Access 2016    

mcbrox
post Apr 16 2018, 05:54 PM
Post#1

My database tracks USDA prices for commodities. User inputs the data, based on dates, then through two queries, data is dwindled down one qryUSDAPrices2
Season - Datepart calculation derived from inputted dates.
Week – Datepart calculation derived from inputted dates.
Marketer – defaulted to ‘USDA’
Return_Lbs.

From Unrelated tables, I have another query that produces a query, qryLotReurns:
Season - Datepart calculation derived from production dates.
Week – Datepart calculation derived from production dates
Marketer
Return_Lbs.

And I have a union query that put them together, so I can I have a nice table with return prices for my marketers compared to the USDA, qryComparativeReturns. The problem is with the graph.

Lastly, I have a form that the user would pick the Season (basically, the year), and will give them the ability to view the report emailed the report.

As my criteria in the queries, under ‘Season’, I have [Forms]![frmGraphComparisons].[Anyo]

When I open the form and select a Season/Year, each individual query works in return is the correct answer, even the union query.

But when I try to run the report with the graph in it, I get the attached screenshots.

My OLE Server seems fine, as other databases can graph, my PC is not low on resources.

Any ideas?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Screen3.png ( 55.9K )Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  Screen2.png ( 36.06K )Number of downloads: 8

--------------------

Living the Dream off the Government Cheese
Go to the top of the page

zaxbat
post Apr 16 2018, 06:07 PM
Post#2

My first thought is that you might be out of resources.

Earlier today access was telling me it did not recognize a control on a form ..... when it had been recognizing it fine for weeks..... so I knew something was getting squirrely. When that happens, I make a new blank access DB and then go to external date-> access-> and import all of everything from my db that was misbehaving.....

But before you do that....need to be sure that it was recognizing your form and control before.....was it? have you already made sure that access can resolve that name? If so, then try the new DB. If not, then you could have a different problem.

Make sure that all of your VBA code compiles error free. Make sure that any objects you create and open you also close and set = nothing when finished.

Just a few things you can try.

--------------------
Kindest regards, and Cheers!
ZAX

A picture is worth a thousand words and a zipped DB is worth a thousand pictures.
Oh, and....please don't disappear into the Twilight Zone.... Holler back with your results!

mcbrox
post Apr 17 2018, 12:24 AM
Post#3

I’m missing the external date -> access directive. Been a “duh” day, so lump one more on...

--------------------

zaxbat
post Apr 17 2018, 05:54 AM
Post#4

Sorry........unfortunate typo there...not external date but external data

--------------------
Kindest regards, and Cheers!
ZAX

A picture is worth a thousand words and a zipped DB is worth a thousand pictures.
Oh, and....please don't disappear into the Twilight Zone.... Holler back with your results!

haresfur
post Apr 17 2018, 09:47 PM
Post#5

How much data are you trying to graph. MS Graph has (or at least had, not sure about 2016) some pretty low limits on what you can graph. As a trouble shooting step you could make a table with the data and see if that works or if it will work once you delete most of the data.

But I gave up on Graph, and now open an instance of Excel and send the data to it to graph. Unfortunately I haven't been able to insert the Excel chart back into a form.

--------------------
-- Evan

mcbrox
post Apr 22 2018, 10:52 PM
Post#6

I concur with Excel being the answer...

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd July 2018 - 01:25 PM