Database Over Citrix On Virtual Drive -backend Table Gets Deleted When Accessed From Frontend, Access 2003
Feb 17 2017, 11:31 AM
Joined: 9-February 17
We have a database over Citrix on Company's virtual drive with limited admin permission for Access 2003 version...
it have 37000 records and 90 columns
It's a Split database - backend and frontend.
it's a multi-user database
We don't have any SQL or any kind or server to store backend, its basically normal jet 4 engine based database.
We don't even have command prompt on virtual drive so cant even debug/decompile the database via that route.
Issue is backend table "Main" gets deleted sometimes when accessed from frontend.
I have audit trial function built but its not showing why its been deleted.
I don't have any other way to get to know what is triggering the table deletion in backend.
Can anyone help me with the solution or suggestion, I need to apply to my database ...
Also, any known issue or bug -if you know - let me know how to fix it or get a workaround of it...
Any help will be appreciated..
Feb 17 2017, 10:34 PM
Joined: 29-September 03
From: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
You may have a corrupted back end.
1) Make a backup of the back end on hte server
2) Copy the database to a local hard drive on a PC with Full Access 2003.
3) Make another backup of the back end that is local
4) Create a new blank database with Access 2003.
5) Import all the tables.
6) Make another backup of the back end that is local
7) Make another backup of the back end that is local
8) rename the copy of the back end on the server
9) Copy the new back to server.
Boyd Trimmell aka Hi Tech Coach ( HiTechCoach.com free Access stuff)
Microsoft MVP 2010-2015 - Access Expert
Inventory Control, Accounting, BPM, and CRM Software Developer
"If technology doesn't work for people, then it doesn't work."
|Search Top Lo-Fi||20th February 2017 - 04:01 AM|