UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Office 365 Update And VBA Email Sending Error 2287, Access 2016    

dhapp
post Aug 3 2018, 11:29 AM
Post#1

Office 365 update and VBA email sending error 2287

This morning a client emailed me to indicate that an email-sending VBA procedure had stopped working and was showing
Run-time error '2287': can't open the mail session.
The action gets hung up at this line
CODE
DoCmd.SendObject , , , strTo, , , strSubject, strBody, False, False

This code has been working properly for over a year, and stopped working after the users received a message that they needed to run an Office 365 update.

I have Office 365 on my development computer and the email functionality works properly. Perhap's my subscription has not scheduled that update yet.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?
Any repair suggestions?
Is this something that Microsoft might cleanup in the next few days?

--------------------
Doug
When the eagle is away, the crow says, "I am the eagle."
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Aug 3 2018, 11:53 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Try a fresh copy of the FE. Validate references...
Does Outlook work manually?
Try manually updating the installation.
Try manually reverting the installation to a prior build no, see: https://www.devhut.net/2017/10/04/microsoft...tall-an-update/ (don't forget the deactivate automatic updates!)

With Office 365 not everyone gets the updates at the exact same time, so it can be hours, days... that different users get the same updates. The only way to ensure everyone gets it is to manually perform update to force the matter.

As for Microsoft cleaning it up, don't hold your breath, we're almost 2 months into waiting to a fix to the last update bug (http://www.devhut.net/2018/06/13/access-bu...ognized-format/ https://support.office.com/en-us/article/ac...en-US&ad=US).

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

dhapp
post Aug 4 2018, 09:23 AM
Post#3

Daniel,

Thank you. Your answer give me some things to look into.

If the problem is the result of a reference error wouldn't is throw and error message? And wouldn't an inspection of the list of references should show something list "Missing: and the name of the reference"?
Yes, Outlook work properly.
Since my machine still retains the proper functionality and IF this problem is due to an Office365 update, then presumably my build number is different than the Clients build number. Is there and way to determine which build number I am running on my machine?

Stay tuned.
Doug

--------------------
Doug

dhapp
post Aug 6 2018, 12:46 PM
Post#4

Update on this problem.

Compact and Repair of the front end has been done. No joy.
We checked references. They are the same on my client's desktop as on my development machine.
We checked Version and Build numbers.
My client's version/build numbers for Access, and Outlook, are the same on his desktop and on his server. His version/build numbers are newer than mine, so he has an update that I don't yet have.
My client opened a version of the front end on the server and the email function did work.
Outlook on the desktop of all users works properly for normal email activity.

Again, this problem didn't show up until the Office365 update was done, but due to the fact that the front end works properly when on the server seems to point me away from the update being the cause.
My client is going to uninstall Outlook from his desktop and then do a reinstall.

--------------------
Doug

dhapp
post Aug 7 2018, 08:06 PM
Post#5

Latest update on this problem.

Problem:
"2287 Run-time error" returned in the newest Access version (1807) when using the "DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject" command
Created on August 3, 2018

According to the response from Microsoft, "A fix will be coming soon (within a few weeks at most)."

Doug

--------------------
Doug

MikeSullivan
post Aug 8 2018, 09:15 PM
Post#6

Hey guys,

Just to clarify here, the reason you're seeing this reproduce on some machines and not others likely has to do with the OS version. To the best of our knowledge, this issue only reproduces on Windows 7. We have a fix for this in the Office update pipeline, it should be available soon (within the next week or so).

If you are seeing this on an OS other than Windows 7 (or Server 2008 R2), please let me know as that would change our understanding of the bug. We have this up on our "fixes or workarounds" page, which will be updated when the fix has been released: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/ac...07-cc1e79dc9cc3

Mike (Access Dev team)

dhapp
post Aug 8 2018, 09:34 PM
Post#7

Mike,
For what it is worth, my client, who originally reported the problem to me, indicated to me that he is experiencing the error on his W10, as well as his W7 work stations.
Doug

--------------------
Doug

MikeSullivan
post Aug 8 2018, 10:34 PM
Post#8

I've followed up with Doug offline on this... but please feel free to let me know if anyone has a repro of this issue on Win10 or Win8.1.

Mike

dhapp
post Aug 9 2018, 08:28 AM
Post#9

Mike,
UA messaging would not accept a reply to you despite many attempts to Continue or Send.

I inquired with me client and got this response:
============================================
the windows 10 machines are working fine - I must have totally misunderstood who was saying the send feature was not working..
Summary: I would agree problem is only on Wn7 machines.....
============================================

Doug
This post has been edited by dhapp: Aug 9 2018, 08:29 AM

--------------------
Doug

dhapp
post Aug 9 2018, 10:35 AM
Post#10

Excellent Mike.
Thanks.