UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Not Able To Right-click On Report Preview After Putting In Advanced Security Functions, Access 2013    

panderson10
post Aug 11 2017, 02:11 PM
Post#1

Hi, all -

I have a A2013 multi-user application where the security log in process hides the navigation pain and tool bar functions except for the basics. This can be bypassed by the shift key. I got this functionality online and involved changing some settings for the database and creating a table that calls the appropriate toolbars and menu bar functions.

I've discovered that when one logs in now, then generates a report in preview, one can't do anything with the preview! If I right-click on the preview, no window appears for various functions like changing the view, printing, exporting, etc. If I bypass the security process with the shift key, the right-click window appears fine when right-clicking on the report preview.

I need our regular users to be able to print, export, etc.

Any thoughts of how to bring back the right-click window without eliminating the other security?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Aug 14 2017, 07:00 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Apparently, part of your changes included disabling right-short cut menus.
Attached File  DisableShortCuts.png ( 42.39K )Number of downloads: 1

--------------------

BuzyG
post Aug 14 2017, 08:49 AM
Post#3

I make a point of disabling the Right Mouse button, via VBA, when the database opens. It helps deter other user, with developer, from inadvertently mucking about. I simply train the users to use Ctrl & P, when they need to print, after a print preview. Works well here.

--------------------
Live to Surf

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th August 2017 - 03:05 AM