UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Delete Cell With Conditions, Office 2013    

kenwood1
post Oct 10 2018, 05:26 PM
Post#1

Hi Everyone,

I have three columns a/b/c I would like if column "B" has a text "ARTFITARBT" or "ARTFITT042" and in the same Row column "C" which do not contain a value 121,127 or 633 then delete contain cell B

I have tried, but have no success:

Dim i As Long
' Go through the marks columns
For i = 2 To 10

If Sheet1.Range("B" & i).Value = "ARTFITARBT" Or "ARTFITT042" & Sheet1.Range("C" & i).Value <> 633 Or 121 Or 127 Then

Range("B" & i).ClearContents
End If

Next

Any help is appreciated.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  delete123.png ( 24.18K )Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

RJD
post Oct 10 2018, 06:44 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: See if this works better for you. Note the syntax for multiple tests of the same cell, the use of And instead of & to join two segments and the use of And instead of Or in the last section.

Note that using Or confuses the issue, since, for example, when "<> 633" is true the entire section is true, even if the value is one of the other numbers..

Dim i As Long
For i = 2 To 10

If (Sheet1.Range("B" & i).Value = "ARTFITARBT" Or Sheet1.Range("B" & i).Value = "ARTFITT042") And (Sheet1.Range("C" & i).Value <> 633 And Sheet1.Range("C" & i).Value <> 121 And Sheet1.Range("C" & i).Value <> 127) Then

End If

Next

See if this works for you. It seems to in my test, but I only used limited rows of values.

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

kenwood1
post Oct 11 2018, 01:58 AM
Post#3

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your help, there is no reaction when I click the button. I put also an attachment, if you have time to have a look.

Thanks again.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  UtterAcess.zip ( 15.3K )Number of downloads: 1

RJD
post Oct 11 2018, 05:35 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: For some reason, in your posted spreadsheet (but not in my test file), the code did not like the Sheet1 prefix before .Range. Rather than try to diagnose this further, I activated Sheet1 and then removed that part from the IF logic set. This seems to work now ...

HTH
Joe

CODE
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Worksheets("sheet1").Activate

Dim i As Long
For i = 2 To 10

If (Range("B" & i).Value = "ARTFITARBT" Or Range("B" & i).Value = "ARTFITT042") And (Range("C" & i).Value <> 633 And Range("C" & i).Value <> 121 And Range("C" & i).Value <> 127) Then

End If

Next
End Sub

Attached File(s)
Attached File  UtterAcess_kenwood1_Rev1.zip ( 14.57K )Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

RJD
post Oct 11 2018, 05:49 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

Ah. Another approach just dawned on me. You can do away with the Activate if you want and use the fully defined worksheet approach in the IF logic ...

If (Worksheets("sheet1").Range("B" & i).Value = "ARTFITARBT" Or Worksheets("sheet1").Range("B" & i).Value = "ARTFITT042") And (Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C" & i).Value <> 633 And Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C" & i).Value <> 121 And Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C" & i).Value <> 127) Then

This looks like it works. But, for simplicity, you might just go ahead and do the activate, as in the post above, and skip the extra code prefix for .Range.

HTH
Joe

--------------------

kenwood1
post Oct 11 2018, 05:57 AM
Post#6

Dear Joe,

Thank you so so so much. It saves alot of my time which I waist already a lot of time.

Again very appreciated notworthy.gif

RJD
post Oct 11 2018, 06:06 AM
Post#7

UtterAccess VIP

You are very welcome. Glad that works for you. thumbup.gif

Regards,
Joe

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th October 2018 - 12:49 AM