UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linked Tables Via One Drive, Access 2016    

wtokich
post May 16 2018, 01:38 PM
Post#1

Is it possible to split my database and use Microsoft One Drive to store the back-end database? I have the database split but just don't know how I can share the file. I created a link and tried to enter it into the Linked Table wizard but I keep getting a message the link was interrupted.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post May 16 2018, 01:57 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

It's probably possible but highly not recommended. To properly share an Access backend (data) file, all users must be connected to the same LAN (local area network).

What is your current situation? We might be able to offer another approach to share your database with your users.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

wtokich
post May 16 2018, 02:43 PM
Post#3

Our current network took a power hit and the servers are being rebuilt. Network team seems reluctant to host our files. They suggested One Drive but so far I don't think it is a viable solution. I saw some info about sharepoint so I'm checking to see if our Office 365 includes it.

theDBguy
post May 16 2018, 03:01 PM
Post#4

Hi,

SharePoint Lists as a backend would be a good alternative. However, how much data are we talking about?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

wtokich
post May 18 2018, 01:10 AM
Post#5

My forms are pretty customized so I don't think the SharePoint solution will work for me. Network team is looking for another solution to host the back end.

theDBguy
post May 18 2018, 09:52 AM
Post#6

Hmm, forms don't normally affect the source tables or back end, so I can't say I follow what you mean. I have plenty of customized forms using SP Lists.

--------------------

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th August 2018 - 07:25 PM