UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Completed - UtterAccess Maintenance Saturday February 25th, 1pm - 3pm Utc    

BananaRepublic
post Feb 23 2017, 07:52 PM
Post#1

Dungeon Cleaner

Folks,

UtterAccess will be not available in order to perform some maintenance work on the server.

The blackout will be scheduled 1PM UTC to 3PM UTC though it may be shorter than that. At the end, everything should look the same but hopefully a bit faster.

Completed - see replies for detail or to report a problem.

--------------------
Using Access BE over WAN is like running to your city library, ripping out pages from a book, running back home and scribble notes on it then run back and glue the pages back into the book in the library, all during a rush hour full of drunk drivers in middle of a horrible thunderstorm, and hoping nobody else has ripped out the pages you wanted.
Go to the top of the page

BananaRepublic
post Feb 25 2017, 08:27 AM
Post#2

Dungeon Cleaner

UtterAccess has been moved to the new server. If you are reading this, you're in the right place.

If you find any issues or something not working as expected, please let us know right away!

Enjoy the new & improved UtterAccess!

--------------------
Using Access BE over WAN is like running to your city library, ripping out pages from a book, running back home and scribble notes on it then run back and glue the pages back into the book in the library, all during a rush hour full of drunk drivers in middle of a horrible thunderstorm, and hoping nobody else has ripped out the pages you wanted.

argeedblu
post Feb 25 2017, 08:54 AM
Post#3

UA Forum + Wiki Administrator

Well done BR!! From my perspective, the move has been completely transparent.

Glenn

--------------------
Glenn Lloyd
UA Forum And Wiki Administrator
2007 - 2016 Microsoft Access MVP OfficeTipsAndMethods Blog
I have not failed. I have found 10,000 solutions that do not work. - Thomas Edison

BananaRepublic
post Feb 25 2017, 08:58 AM
Post#4

Dungeon Cleaner

One known issue is that wiki links are inconsistent.

As the part of the move, we also cleaned up the wiki links, making "index.php" unnecessary. However, it seems that sometimes we still get "index.php". This is being investigated now.

--------------------

BananaRepublic
post Feb 25 2017, 10:38 AM
Post#5

Dungeon Cleaner

Another issue that cropped briefly was that we got 504 gateway unavailable but that resolved itself. Please do post if you've experienced this and record what time you saw & for how long.

--------------------

BananaRepublic
post Feb 25 2017, 11:05 AM
Post#6

Dungeon Cleaner

Update on wiki links: the link seems to be fixed on the main page. If anyone else is having trouble where wiki links are rendered with a "index.php" in the link, please let me know about it.

--------------------

argeedblu
post Feb 25 2017, 12:26 PM
Post#7

I got the 504 error several times but didn't make a detailed note. Best of my recollection it occurred over ~45 minute period prior to your post and seemed healed around the time of that post.

Glenn

--------------------
Glenn Lloyd
I have not failed. I have found 10,000 solutions that do not work. - Thomas Edison

argeedblu
post Feb 25 2017, 12:28 PM
Post#8

It looks like we still have DST time stamp issues. I am posting this at 12:28 pm EST but the system is displaying 1:28 pm

Glenn

Screenshot after I posted: Attached File  2017_02_25_12_29_19.png ( 8.9K )Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by argeedblu: Feb 25 2017, 12:31 PM
Reason for edit: insert screenshot

--------------------
Glenn Lloyd

cheekybuddha
post Feb 25 2017, 04:05 PM
Post#9

UtterAccess VIP

Lost you all for a while there - 504 bad gateway from nginx.

Glad to have you back in view now!

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

cheekybuddha
post Feb 25 2017, 04:06 PM
Post#10

UtterAccess VIP

Any plans to move to https?

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

BananaRepublic
post Feb 25 2017, 04:13 PM
Post#11

Dungeon Cleaner

Yes, we are aware and working on the 504 issue which happens sporadically and hope to resolve it soon.

Yes, we will make HTTPS mandatory shortly but not right now. However, it is already enabled. smile.gif

--------------------

cheekybuddha
post Feb 25 2017, 05:37 PM
Post#12

UtterAccess VIP

>> However, it is already enabled <<

Cool! I never realised! I think I had better install that addon that forces it when it's available.

New server is nice and zippy! :thunbup:

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

BananaRepublic
post Feb 25 2017, 05:52 PM
Post#13

Dungeon Cleaner

You can, but please realize that the issue that prevent us from turning it on is because of mixing HTTPS with HTTP content. We need to update stuff in the forum software so that images, attachments, javascripts, CSS files, what have you will be served over the HTTPS. Once that is done, we will indeed make HTTPS mandatory and everyone should see a nice little green padlock. But right now, if you use https, you don't get that (at least not with Chrome). You only get an informational notification that it's not 100% secured for that reason.

--------------------

cheekybuddha
post Mar 8 2017, 11:03 AM
Post#14

UtterAccess VIP

Hi,

Suddenly getting 502 Bad Gateway when trying to go to posts I've not visited before.

Seems OK to go to threads I've visited previously - caching issue? Or problem with Visited = False?

dazed.gif

d

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd March 2017 - 09:04 PM