UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Send Fax Using VBA, Access 2016    

DanielPineault
post Oct 10 2017, 01:37 PM
Post#1

UtterAccess VIP

Would anyone happen to know if, and how, I could use VBA to send a fax using an HP Laser Jet 1536? I can't seem to find much of anything on the subject to automating fax printers.

Basically, select the printer by name, then enter the client's fax number and then send. I need to do this with an Access Report, as well as an Excel worksheet.

Thank you for any advice.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Oct 10 2017, 01:55 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

Daniel,

I don't work with that specific printer, but maybe it's possible to install a fax driver for that printer? Otherwise, I believe there are online services where you can send them an E-mail with an attachment, and they'll fax the attachment to the number you specify.

Found this page

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th October 2017 - 06:20 AM